Christchurch RML

New Zealand Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc.

Moderator: Vitalstatistix

Forum rules
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
panther998
Favourite Vehicle: Aberdeen Corp 274, AEC Regent

Christchurch RML

Post by panther998 »

Hi. I am hoping that someone can identify / provide some history of an ex London (UK) RML Routemaster double-decker I photographed on a rather wet Good Friday in Christchurch.
NZ rego is DBD664 and the owner (according to signage on the rear) is Hassle-free Tours (http://www.hasslefreetours.co.nz/tours/ ... ristchurch) which seems to own several Routemasters. I have searched through various fleetlists available at http://fleetlists.busaustralia.com/index-nz.php, but have not found any reference to the company or the registration, or indeed any ex London buses in Christchurch.
DBD664, ex London RML, Hassle-free Tours, Christchurch, South Island, NZ, Friday 18 April 2014
DBD664, ex London RML, Hassle-free Tours, Christchurch, South Island, NZ, Friday 18 April 2014
While travelling into Central Bus Station from the Airport on a Route 29 bus on the Thursday afternoon, I also saw what was either an RTL or an RTW, on a bridge over the Avon where tram tracks are located. Alas, I did not get a good or long look, it was raining, fairly dingy and overcast, late in the day, and I had yet to find my accommodation in a city where I was only passingly familiar with the street layout. So, no opportunity to 'chase up' such an unanticipated find at short notice ....
But I presume the RTL (or RTW?) also belongs to the same tour firm. Can anyone confirm, or provide me with an insight into whatever ex London double-decker buses are presently in Christchurch ?
Bedford-29

Re: Christchurch RML

Post by Bedford-29 »

This will answer your question about your mystery RML.
https://flic.kr/p/aRx4LT
Previoulsy known as United Diesel 15
The Inspector
Favourite Vehicle: PMCSA Volvo B59

Post by The Inspector »

who operates these and what for?

I will be in Christchurch in July
Has AdMet CB80 fever
Tog

Post by Tog »

Hassle Free Tours, trading as Discover Christchurch. Used on city tours - www.hasslefreetours.co.nz .
The Inspector
Favourite Vehicle: PMCSA Volvo B59

Post by The Inspector »

got the RM in service then visited the depot to get the RML and 2 open toppers
Has AdMet CB80 fever

Return to “New Zealand Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc.”