Plaxton Plazma triumphs over hill.

New Zealand Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc.

Moderator: Vitalstatistix

Forum rules
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Vitalstatistix
Favourite Vehicle: MAN NL262 with VoithDIWA 851.3

Plaxton Plazma triumphs over hill.

Post by Vitalstatistix »

Go Bus 771(Bayhopper) heads up Osprey Rd. (like it usually does) on route 40 Welcome Bay.

Photo overlooks the suburbs of Greerton, Gate Pa, Avenues with Sunvale in the distance and beyond that the mighty Kaimai ranges... 8)

Go Bus 771 Enterprise Bus Plaxton Plasma 20th July 2010
im zug zum flug

The road to success is always under construction.
Check out my Instagram @scottsiakia90
ALBION1881

Re: Plaxton Plazma triumphs over hill.

Post by ALBION1881 »

I rather call these buses by there proper name Primo then Plasma it sounds more like what you hear something in a blood bank I could image someone saying I caught the bus home last night and the other person saying which one was it the other one saying Bayhopper 771 the little Plasma.
kaiwhara

Post by kaiwhara »

If they are registered as Plasma then Plasma is their real LEGAL name...
ALBION1881 wrote:I rather call these buses by there proper name Primo then Plasma it sounds more like what you hear something in a blood bank I could image someone saying I caught the bus home last night and the other person saying which one was it the other one saying Bayhopper 771 the little Plasma.
ka9102
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL200

Post by ka9102 »

just wondering if NZBUS are keen to get a handful of them to replace the buzz bombs at VF.
transporting oranges to the world...
Vitalstatistix

Post by Vitalstatistix »

ALBION1881 wrote:I rather call these buses by there proper name Primo then Plasma it sounds more like what you hear something in a blood bank I could image someone saying I caught the bus home last night and the other person saying which one was it the other one saying Bayhopper 771 the little Plasma.
Yes I see what you mean... but they are well known as Plazmas now... calling them Primos would remind us of a beloeved flavored milk brand :)
ka9102 wrote:just wondering if NZBUS are keen to get a handful of them to replace the buzz bombs at VF.
Buying these would just be like the modern day decision to buy those B6R's all those years ago. More often than not there is usually one BayHopper Plazma off the road for one reason or another....
im zug zum flug

ALBION1881

Post by ALBION1881 »

Hey Vitalstatistix did you know that primo is a brand of smallgoods over here in Aus on if they called the buses primo in New Zealand you feel like you riding around in a carton of milk if rode one out here I`d feel like I riding around in a salami. :mrgreen:
Vitalstatistix

Post by Vitalstatistix »

Note on the top right hand corner :wink:
I think all the Plasma's still have the Primo name applied on the rear.

im zug zum flug

Tog

Post by Tog »

Primo is the name of the (Plaxton) bodywork style. Plasma is the name of the chassis, by the now defunct Enterprise Bus. Plaxton still have some unsold stock that I'm sure they'd be delighted to offload to anyone interested. They've been doing a rectification programme for existing Plasmas to try and overcome some of the major problems, which are mainly caused by the Hungarian componants (notably the rear axle) and by the vibrations inherent in the Z-drive transmission layout.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

I like the retro look taillight design,remeniscent of 1960s buses in Australia.These buses look goo9d compared to some of the very average looking things Australian body builders come up with,except the quite handsome looking Volgren bodies at the moment.

I didn't know Comfort Delgro Cabcharge had operations over the ditch (paint job)!
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.

Return to “New Zealand Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc.”