Safe use of the centre door

Brisbane / QLD Transport Discussion

Moderator: PRT 065

1of55

Safe use of the centre door

Post by 1of55 »

Notice seen on the centre door of 1027, MAN 18.310 BT bus in BT livery leased to Hornibrook on route to Sandgate. Reminds me of the trip to Tweed Heads on Surfside route 700, where the bus goes just over the border into NSW. At the Terminus at Tweed Heads Shopping centre when we arrive the driver announces ‘due to State Government regulations all passengers have to exit at the front door’ even though passengers had safely exited via the centre door in Queensland, the door had to remain shut in NSW.
Attachments
Hornibrook1027noticecentredoor12apr2019.JPG
Hornibrook1027noticecentredoor12apr2019.JPG (255.15 KiB) Viewed 6822 times

tonyp

Re: Safe use of the centre door

Post by tonyp »

Doesn't sound right. NSW doesn't have any rule prohibiting using the centre door to exit, just a prohibition on entering via the centre door.
Perpetually on a T3 to "I. P. Pavlova, přestup na Metro. Příští zastávka, Náměsti Míru"

2112Y

Post by 2112Y »

The only exception is entering the centre doors are allowed in CBD Sydney area. It was in use for the past 4 years.

tonyp

Post by tonyp »

2112Y wrote:The only exception is entering the centre doors are allowed in CBD Sydney area. It was in use for the past 4 years.
Only when there are marshalls present outside the bus, unlike e.g. The CityGliders which have unrestricted all-door entry.
Perpetually on a T3 to "I. P. Pavlova, přestup na Metro. Příští zastávka, Náměsti Míru"

neilrex

Post by neilrex »

That sound like a completely bogus claim about NSW regulations.

In NSW, the government bus services seem to prefer that you exit by the rear door. It is the non-government operators who sometimes discourage it.

Unless you have something physically special about that door on your bus which does not comply with some standard. Like no doorstep or no handrail or some other physical irregularity.

tonyp

Post by tonyp »

neilrex wrote: Unless you have something physically special about that door on your bus which does not comply with some standard. Like no doorstep or no handrail or some other physical irregularity.
But apparently passengers are allowed to exit by the centre door in Queensland according to OP.

Return to “Discussion - Brisbane / QLD”