About new buses of BT in 2018

Brisbane / QLD Transport Discussion

Moderator: PRT 065

Megumi

About new buses of BT in 2018

Post by Megumi »

Hello I'm a new one in this forum.
I noticed that a Volvo B8R Articulated bus was on its way. Of course, it looked pretty beautiful but unfortunally I did not take any photo because I saw it unexpectedly.
Now I have some question to ask:
1. Why BT buses are most in Volvo (although we have more than 300 MAN buses but all new buses since end of 2009 are Volvo) ? And why most buses equip with Volgren body?
2. The Mereceds-Benz had delivered one Citaro to Brisbane for the test service and the test had finished in 2017. What was the conclusion of that test? Will more MB Citaro come to Brisbane in the future?
3. I notice a lot of private buses are neither Australian brand nor European brand, such as Bonluck, Yutong. What about the quality of these buses? Do they work well? And why private bus owner do not want to buy Australian made bus in these years? What's wrong with Australian made bus? Too expensive or too slow delivering?
All questions are expected to be answered with reasons.
Cheers.
daveeyh

Re: About new buses of BT in 2018

Post by daveeyh »

Megumi wrote: 1. Why BT buses are most in Volvo (although we have more than 300 MAN buses but all new buses since end of 2009 are Volvo) ? And why most buses equip with Volgren body?
In 2008, Volvo won the contract to supply buses to Brisbane Transport. They have won each subsequent contract since.

Brisbane Transport have a longstanding partnership with Volgren (fifteen years or so) for the build of buses. Brisbane Transport used their Toowong Depot facility to build the buses before a new facility was built at Eagle Farm in 2010.

Return to “Discussion - Brisbane / QLD”