Prams on Brisbane city buses

Brisbane / QLD Transport Discussion

Moderator: PRT 065

baby38

Prams on Brisbane city buses

Post by baby38 »

Good morning everyone, I used to work for the Brisbane city council as a bus driver about 15 years ago from Toowong depot, The policy of the council then was prams had to be folded up and put in luggage racks in front of the bus, I noticed now when I catch a bus the people just wheel the pram on taking up space with kid still in the pram , we were strongly told if kids left in pram was the driver responsibility and if kid was injured the driver could be sued. Has this policy been changed now to be honest I personally would not be happy putting a pram on the bus with a kid still inside of it, the bus could brake suddenly the pram go flying towards the front of the bus the kid could be killed or seriously injured .
I remember once I had one of the lemons I was in Adelaide street woman wheel pram on with kid in it refused to take kid out I contacted bus control they told the lady to take kid out of the pram if she refused the police would be called, she got off the bus properly waiting for another bus with a driver who did not care about safety.
HAS THE POLICY OF PRAMS CHANGED.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Re: Prams on Brisbane city buses

Post by boronia »

Kids would be allowed to remain in prams if the bus has wheelchair spaces. The rear facing pram can be secured against the forward bulkhead with its brakes applied.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
^^__^^
Favourite Vehicle: S1989 - Live well poppin' tags

Re: Prams on Brisbane city buses

Post by ^^__^^ »

Further to what boronia has provided, if there is no room for prams, they must be folded up as per the original policy. The buses are legally allowed to carry 2 prams or wheel chairs. Wheel chairs get priority. Though try telling that to mum with two kids she has to fold her pram up ha ha.

Return to “Discussion - Brisbane / QLD”