North side Rail Shut Down 2-3 April 2016

Brisbane / QLD Transport Discussion

Moderator: PRT 065

Passenger

North side Rail Shut Down 2-3 April 2016

Post by Passenger »

I traveled Caboolture to Sandgate over the week end and found the bus companies did a great job.

It was odd to travel in Bribie Island Coaches and Caboolture Bus Lines buses on the Shorncliffe Line instead of the normal Brisbane to Caboolture Line.

It is a pity Translink does not consider extending operation times for connecting services of Bribie Buses, Caboolture Buses and Kanagroo Buses during these shut downs as I am sure many customers missed the last buses because of the long traffic delays on Sunday as a result of that tragic accident on highway.

Well done to all the bus companies especially the boys and girls from Bribie Coaches.
jonwil

Re: North side Rail Shut Down 2-3 April 2016

Post by jonwil »

My experience with rail replacement on the Beenleigh/Gold Coast line has been excellent as well. The last time there was a shutdown of the entire line (on a Saturday I believe it was) I was able to get an express ride all the way to the stop outside Central and it was VERY fast and efficient. Nice comfortable coach (not sure which company, something in red and white with a St George Bank logo on the side I think) and room to carry the large box of LEGO I had with me (I was on my way to a LEGO Club meeting at Carindale)

Return to “Discussion - Brisbane / QLD”