TRANSLink Journey Planner, website and publications thread

Brisbane / QLD Transport Discussion

Moderator: PRT 065

chendo

Re: TRANSLink Journey Planner, website and publications thread

Post by chendo »

Hey guys, I've pushed a beta version of the desktop browser version of myTransit. It's at http://beta.mytrans.it
Don't even bother if you're on IE, it's horribly broken in that and I haven't bothered to fix it yet. I know it needs better error correction etc. Let me know what you guys think.
nikko
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B10M Mk.III

Post by nikko »

It looks good although a lot of locations aren't on the map (Although I'm sure you're aware of that).
bunza

Post by bunza »

Fantastic! I've been using the iPhone version in Firefox, but this works much much better. Thanks!

Only suggestions I can think of:
- giving the textbox fields a memory so that using the back/forward buttons retains the data if you want to change it
- advancing forward and backwards in time, similar to the way tv guides are represented on the internet (use the same origin destination and just alter the time)
- allowing parsing of time key words in any order (eg. "tomorrow 9am" works same as "9am tomorrow")
- memory of frequently used/recently used boxes, or even ability to set a "home", perhaps stored simply in a cookie
- walk doesn't show up on the timeline (but you probably already know that)
PAQ12

Post by PAQ12 »

Like you mentioned, doesn't work in IE (which makes up over 50% of usage from all browsers), so I installed Google Chrome, and very nicely laid out.
My only suggestion as 'bunza' has already mentioned a few is to have a 'arrive by' time aswell, as I was searching for route options for my step son to arrive somewhere by a certain time.
For all your printing needs, think Print Arana - visit www.printarana.com.au or phone 1300 866 593

Formally Known as "BT Buses"

Return to “Discussion - Brisbane / QLD”