Mighty Bus services from Brisbane Transit Centre

Brisbane / QLD Transport Discussion

Moderator: PRT 065

T1200
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310 CNG Volgren CR228L

Post by T1200 »

bunza wrote:And now the website is down... :( Says "Service unavailable".
Works fine for me, now. I swear it's had an update to provide links to destination info, this is great stuff.
Reality continues to ruin my life.
peter.watts

Post by peter.watts »

sparticus wrote:hi peter. this is definitely the freshest thing to hit in years. i wish you well.

are you the general manager? is this just an intro deal or will you be able to keep these prices? do you have owner drivers or are there positions available for bus drivers?

cheers
I'm one of the management team.

These aren't some special intro deal, these are our regular prices.

Food for thought: Think about the airlines a few years ago, when it was just Qantas and Ansett...
peter.watts

Post by peter.watts »

bendertiger2 wrote:What body is on the man midi? :o

I wish you the best of luck!
Thanks.

The body is by AB Denning. As for the specific serial number, I'd have to ask our drivers or mechanics.
peter.watts

Post by peter.watts »

sparticus wrote:hi peter

im amazed your buses can get from toowoomba to brisbane so quickly. ive got a pretty decent car but can only do that time late at night. its always the traffic which slows me down

do you have a secret you could share with other motorists. maybe you use the brisbane river?

:D
Haha! Well we've given the estimated travel time based upon not stopping for other pickups or dropoffs, of course we're subject to the same traffic as everyone else.
peter.watts

Post by peter.watts »

T1200 wrote:
bunza wrote:And now the website is down... :( Says "Service unavailable".
Works fine for me, now. I swear it's had an update to provide links to destination info, this is great stuff.
Yes, that would be correct. We've also provided links to Google Maps to clearly indicate where people can find our stops.

We will be updating our site every few days with new content and exciting new features for our booking system. Watch this space.

By the way, thanks to everyone for all the feedback.
ajc

Post by ajc »

There's leaflets everywhere in Byron advertising the services.
Dog Whisperer

Post by Dog Whisperer »

i hope the leaflets didn't say they were starting on the 3rd of July like their website.....what happened, all the fanfare... then nothing....
Super Dude

Post by Super Dude »

I wonder if Peter can share some information on what happened to Mighty Bus today!

Did they start or not?
T1200
Administrator

Post by T1200 »

The aforementioned website definitely states that services will begin in August.

:?:
peter.watts

Where's Mighty Bus?

Post by peter.watts »

Mighty Bus is still here. We've had a massive couple of weeks and have been swamped with phone calls and emails.

We've had a lot of great feedback and huge demand for services outside of our initial timetable, as a result, we're re-working our timetable and launching in August.
sparticus

Post by sparticus »

hi peter! glad to see it wasn't just a big expensive hoax and you're still around

what are your thoughts on greyhound's response? they are obviously taking Mighty Bus as a serious threat. they advertised $8 walk up fares in the toowoomba chronicle on saturday and are running to your previously advertised times in mitsubishi rosas

bendertiger2

Post by bendertiger2 »

Screw greyhound.....I'm going on mightybus! I just wish I could of ridden on max express when it was around.......but yeah, I always like to 'root' for the underdog.
peter.watts

Post by peter.watts »

sparticus wrote:hi peter! glad to see it wasn't just a big expensive hoax and you're still around

what are your thoughts on greyhound's response? they are obviously taking Mighty Bus as a serious threat. they advertised $8 walk up fares in the toowoomba chronicle on saturday and are running to your previously advertised times in mitsubishi rosas

Hi Sparticus. I've written a reply in the other thread as well. The short answer is that we're not the slightest bit suprised.
Volvo B12BLEA
Favourite Vehicle: Rail and Ships / Boats.

Post by Volvo B12BLEA »

The buses / coaches for Mighty Bus are provided by LTD.
They are white with the Mighty Bus & LTD logo on each side.
Any posts are my views or opinions and are NOT on behalf of any Organisation.
T1248

Post by T1248 »

Currently the website is saying a August 10 start date. But only for Toowoomba and Byron Bay Services first up. Sunnie and Gold Coast coming soon. Has anyone heard how well Mcafferties express is doing on the similar routes??

Cheers James
Mysteriously Disappeared
bunza

Post by bunza »

Saw a bus leave Roma Street today while waiting for a 333, had a grand total of 1 passenger.
Sb617

Post by Sb617 »

T1248 wrote:Currently the website is saying a August 10 start date. But only for Toowoomba and Byron Bay Services first up. Sunnie and Gold Coast coming soon. Has anyone heard how well Mcafferties express is doing on the similar routes??

Cheers James
McCaffs Express canned the Brisbane-Gold Coast and Brisbane-Sunshine Coast services due to poor loads, they're only doing the Brisbane-Toowoomba direct run.
sparticus

Post by sparticus »

yep. mccaffs express ran with $8 fares for direct services between sunshine coast - brisbane - gold coast and couldn't attract more than a handful of passengers on any service. i doubt mighty bus will try these runs unless they are willing to lose several $100k whilst building reasonable numbers
Super Dude

Post by Super Dude »

I have noticed that the Mighty Bus website is now unoperational. Peter, where are you now to answer what happened? It all seems very suspicious, as though you may be having a go at Greyhound!!!! Are you actually going to start running buses at all?
T1248

Post by T1248 »

Important notice

Mighty Bus services have been put on hold until further notice.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

customer.service@mightybus.com

All that is on the website atm. Yeah maybe they are having a go at greyhound. But maybe they are legit. I will believe it when i see a rosa or whatever they are going to use, with mighty bus on the side and a toowoomba on the front, pulling out of the transit centre at roma street.

Cheers James
Mysteriously Disappeared
T1200
Administrator

Post by T1200 »

Did many (any) services actually run at all? Been through this whole thread - nowhere does it say a single service actually ran.

I'm looking forward to peter.watts or even superace to tell us what is going on!
T1248

Post by T1248 »

I dont think so. They always seem to have delayed just before they were due to start services again :?. I wanna give these guys the benefit of the doubt. But it seems like it could be a never ending saga that fizzels out into nothingness. Pity they actaully seemed to have put some effort into the company and the website. I wonder if anyone has actaully booked with them?? Try and get there money back, and probably jump on McCafferties Express. While they delay McCafferties continues to gain reputation and a customer base.

Cheers James
Mysteriously Disappeared
Sb617

Post by Sb617 »

Then again Mccafferties express proved that there is no space for competition on the Brisbane-Sunshine Coast, and Brisbane - Gold Coast corridors due to poor loads, but then again there was the lack of advertising (which the lack of advertising could be said for MightyBus on the Sunshine Coast/Gold Coast).

There are many people that regularly take CityTrain/Sunbus/Surfside, and there are those that take Greyhounds other (although much expensive fares) coach brand.. Suncoast Pacific to Sunshine Coast/Gold Coast.
Super Dude

Post by Super Dude »

Did anyone see Today Tonight about the scams that are currently circulating on the Internet? Mighty Bus seems to be fitting this profile. I hope people did not get caught if it is a scam!!! If it is a legitimate business, Peter seems to be awfully quiet. If Mighty Bus is planning to start up, they are slowly destroying their reputation with the public. I wouldn't mind if Peter's business partner Kevin answered some of these questions for Toowoomba.
ABS

Post by ABS »

Firstly you should NOT be watching crap like Today Tonight! :roll:

Return to “Discussion - Brisbane / QLD”