Canberra trip (Part 3)

Moderator: Busnerd

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Bidgee
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B7R and MAN SL202

Canberra trip (Part 3)

Post by Bidgee »

Part 3.

ACTION (BUS 349) - Custom Coaches 'CB60' bodied Scania L94UB (CNG) and a Toyota Hiace Commuter (213-104), in the first photo.

Doonkuna Street bus shelter in Reid.

Roadcoach (TV 4264) - Autobus bodied Scaina (K????) at Canberra Railway Station at Kingston.

Transborder (MO 212 [ACT]) - Autobus bodied Volvo B12B 13.6m also at Canberra Railway Station.

Monaro Coaches - Look to be like two Dennings but since they on private property, I wasn't going to trespass to get a better shot

Also at the same location are these buses, the first bus to the right looks it may be a ex Fearnes (Fearnes did remove the doors on some of them with a few having a window added).
Sir Pompously
Favourite Vehicle: Renault PR100.3

Re: Canberra trip (Part 3)

Post by Sir Pompously »

The property is actually apart of the railway yards, with that little section leased from ARTC or the ACT Government I think (The land itself was once apart of Commonwealth Railways, so it would probably be ARTC), so heading in there I think would still be a no no. However if you did decide to take a look in, the old Trackfast office used to be good. Still had fittings, counters and signs when I looked about 10 years ago and still has the signs on the outside when I took a look from a distance a few months ago.

Nice photos. Love the Scania shots, do you know what the vehicle was doing out on Anzac Parade at that time of day?
Heritage Officer
Retired ACT Transport Employees Club
Bidgee
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B7R and MAN SL202

Post by Bidgee »

Well if there is a chain-linked/cyclone fence then you know it is a no-no (that is my opinion). I did see an old Commonwealth Railways sign.
http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu10 ... yssign.jpg

349 was doing the Russell Shuttle after the National Ceremony at the AWM but I think it ended up doing a dead/empty run, though I missed getting a photo of a bendy by a few seconds! :(
Leylands Forever
Favourite Vehicle: Majestic Bodied, 3 Axle Tiger

Post by Leylands Forever »

I would have to say the single deck coach of Monaro's is a Tourmaster
Sir Pompously
Favourite Vehicle: Renault PR100.3

Post by Sir Pompously »

Bidgee wrote:Well if there is a chain-linked/cyclone fence then you know it is a no-no (that is my opinion). I did see an old Commonwealth Railways sign.
http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu10 ... yssign.jpg

349 was doing the Russell Shuttle after the National Ceremony at the AWM but I think it ended up doing a dead/empty run, though I missed getting a photo of a bendy by a few seconds! :(
That particular CR Sign is the only one I can find intact along the line. There are signs all the way up to Fyshwick, however none (That I can find) have the writing anymore and have little paint left on them.

Thanks for the info re-349!
Heritage Officer
Retired ACT Transport Employees Club

Return to “Photos - Canberra/ACT”