ACTbus.net 2010 MAN Tour

Moderator: Busnerd

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Sir Pompously
Favourite Vehicle: Renault PR100.3

ACTbus.net 2010 MAN Tour

Post by Sir Pompously »

Here are my photos from the ACT BUS tour held on the 27th March 2010, using two of ACTION's MAN vehicles. Buses for the day were BUS-389 (MAN 18.310CNG) and BUS-390 (MAN 18.320 Euro5 Diesel), with various destinations around the ACT.

After the Platform 6 Sign debacle, I decided to grab a quick shot of one of the posters placed at the front to signify the tour

BUS-389 and BUS-390 stand at Platform 8 (Formerly 9b)

BUS-389 poses at Weston Creek Terminus

BUS-389 at Mt Stromlo with a destroyed observatory, burnt out on the 18th Jan 2003 during the Canberra Firestorm. This would have been when a young SP was going into Yr9, and luckily a few years before visited the Observatory in Primary School

Logo and Peg view of this bus stop, which services a sub station

BUS-389 and BUS-390 pose at Yarralumla (I am guessing that is the correct suburb, ACTMAPi says it is!)

So close to NSW yet so far away, BUS-390 is at Oaks Estate opposite Queanbeyan Railway Station
Heritage Officer
Retired ACT Transport Employees Club
Bidgee
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B7R and MAN SL202

Re: ACTbus.net 2010 MAN Tour

Post by Bidgee »

Nice photos! Due to an issue which was out of my control, so I was unable to go to Canberra for the weekend. :(

Queanbeyan Railway Station reminds of the Wagga Wagga and Narrandera Railway Stations.

Return to “Photos - Canberra/ACT”