An evening with BUS-842, Renault/MACK PR100.2

Moderator: Busnerd

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Sir Pompously
Favourite Vehicle: Renault PR100.3

An evening with BUS-842, Renault/MACK PR100.2

Post by Sir Pompously »

I headed out on BUS-842 a Renault/MACK PR100.2 mkI. I wanted to get photos of a MkI as some have the interesting 1994 Destination Roll which provides various destinations no longer used (However, some destinations are omitted from this roll). Drivers prefer this roll, as School Bus, Special and the Interchange destinations are found throughout the desto, unlike the new roll which is A-Z and only has each destination once. On the 1994 roll, some desto also have the Final destination and then 'via' destinations on the same roll, something which was scrapped on the current roll which shows only the final destination (The story of all of ACTION's destos really).

BUS-842 a Renault/MACK PR100.2 is seen on Barry Drive at Dusk, displaying Route 300 'Belconnen Express' on the destination roll

BUS-842 a Renault/MACK PR100.2 is seen laying over on Aikman Drive

BUS-842 a Renault/MACK PR100.2 is seen on Aikman Drive Layover, showing 237 Causeway on the desto

BUS-842 a Renault/MACK PR100.2 is seen at Aikman Drive Layover showing Route 382 Cemetery CITY

The Interior of a Renault/MACK PR100.2 BUS-842

BUS-842 and BUS-977, Renault/MACK PR100.2, are both seen at Aikman Drive Layover

A View of the entrance of BUS-842 a Renault/MACK PR100.2

A View through the bus windows while at Fraser
Heritage Officer
Retired ACT Transport Employees Club
Herbert

Re: An evening with BUS-842, Renault/MACK PR100.2

Post by Herbert »

Great photos of a good looking breed of bus. I didn't realise your TVALs were mounted that close to the driver's head - must get a tad annoying.
Get the gen, see the shots: www.perthbus.info
Ryan
Favourite Vehicle: PR180.2 Mk1

Post by Ryan »

The Validators are only that close in the PR100.2/PR180.2's.

The Scania/Iris/MAN have them over near the dash, while they are a little further past the driver in the Darts/PR100.3's to the best of my recollection.
Get on Board - http://www.actbus.net - Canberra's Transport Enthusiast Website
• Website • Forum • ACTION Fleet Wiki • Gallery • Retired ACT Transport Employees Club •
DarrenH

Post by DarrenH »

Some interesting destinations printed on that old 1994 desto roll there.
Sir Pompously

Post by Sir Pompously »

There certainly are some interesting ones, and even some they have blanked out with pen (Luckily my roll at home had one desto with a 'blanked' section on it, and it was easy to remove as it was just paper). Head to http://actbus.net/History/destoroll.html which has information on the '89, '90 and '94 rolls.
Heritage Officer
actually

Post by actually »

Very nice photo's...looks nice and clean too. For buses that are 20 years+ old they still look modern. They are nice to look at and nicer to drive.
How well do the your heaters work? When I was in Canberra a few years ago, I noticed half way down on the off side floor another heater/fan belting out heat (or trying to). I remember one morning I was out and about by about 0830 and it was
a chilly -2c.
Doing nothing suspicious at PATH Transit

-----its not a train set, its a model railway-----
Ryan
Favourite Vehicle: PR180.2 Mk1

Post by Ryan »

the only people to benefit from the heaters are the ones sitting on those few seats that have them underneath!
Get on Board - http://www.actbus.net - Canberra's Transport Enthusiast Website
• Website • Forum • ACTION Fleet Wiki • Gallery • Retired ACT Transport Employees Club •
Sir Pompously

Post by Sir Pompously »

actually wrote:Very nice photo's...looks nice and clean too. For buses that are 20 years+ old they still look modern. They are nice to look at and nicer to drive.
How well do the your heaters work? When I was in Canberra a few years ago, I noticed half way down on the off side floor another heater/fan belting out heat (or trying to). I remember one morning I was out and about by about 0830 and it was
a chilly -2c.
I find them quite warm, especially when sitting in the seat behind with the air belting out. They can be alot warmer than the Scania's, Iribuses and MAN's. For their time, and even today the 100.2 front and Ansair body are still very modern!
Heritage Officer

Return to “Photos - Canberra/ACT”