ACTION Tour-Belconnen Interchange

Moderator: Busnerd

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Lemon
Favourite Vehicle: Reno PR100.3 (107/108/990/991)

ACTION Tour-Belconnen Interchange

Post by Lemon »

The building with all the drivers facilities in it
The walkway out with buses 302 which had a flat tire and BUS 910.
The great meal room facilities
One of the last member of the General public to set foot in Belconnen Interchange, 24 May 2009
"Even if it's free, I'm not buying it"_'Irisbus Rider'
http://www.flickr.com/photos/zacmathes
DarrenH

Re: ACTION Tour-Belconnen Interchange

Post by DarrenH »

Love the old ACTION logo made into the concrete wall on the drivers building at the Belconnen Interchange. :P I wonder how old this building is ?
Busnerd

Post by Busnerd »

DarrenH wrote:Love the old ACTION logo made into the concrete wall on the drivers building at the Belconnen Interchange. :P I wonder how old this building is ?
30 Years
www.actbus.net | Get On Board
MetroLine

Post by MetroLine »

Although it looks sad, but it is necessary to scrap and reduild Belconnen Interchange.
it just provides so much inconvenience to commutors like far away from Westfield Belconnen, too long platforms etc are already suffers commutors for long.
Hope they can get more passenger bike shed, lifts, esclators and travellators, toilets, telephones, CCTVs, security guards and more in the new interchange. Oh, also please make it closer to Westfield Belconnen as well.
Chris Guru
Favourite Vehicle: ACTION 0305

Post by Chris Guru »

The new interchange will be part of the Westfield. However i would disagree that the current interchange is too far away, it would be no more than 200m. If you go from edge to edge the interchange and westfield are seperated by a road width only!
Long live all ex-ACTION 0305's!!!!!!!!!
Jumbles
Favourite Vehicle: Unicycle

Post by Jumbles »

Has the world gone mad??
I keep hearing that Westfield is too far away from the current interchange??
My God, people!! Walk!!!

I was amused (albeit concerned) to hear someone in the media criticising the plans for Belconnen, something along the lines of "...People will walk back to the first stop, meaning buses will be fuller and commuters traveling from Westfield will be unable to board the packed buses..." Please. Since when is encouraging people to walk a bad thing? More to the point, the buses will still carry (about) the same number of passengers. How the new system will make them any more full (except possibly for one or two stops through Belco) is beyond me....

Return to “Photos - Canberra/ACT”