Volgren Twin Deck:variations on a theme.

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Denv12

Volgren Twin Deck:variations on a theme.

Post by Denv12 »

I would like to get some idea of what variations of the Volgren Twin Deck coach were built.

For example,I found one coach that had a sunken aisle.I thought they were all built with a raked floor. But that one had the sunken aisle.The vehicle ex Buses R Us,now converted to a motorhome is one example.Scroll down until you get to "Bernie".About the 18th one down.
http://www.motorhomeconversion.com.au/projects-page/

I know that Volgren were flexible with their ideas on the coach.Some had the rear saloon seating for 9 passengers.Others like the Briscoe's coaches had a galley and 5 seats downstairs.There would have been several like that built.What other variations were there?
If you've seen anything different can you add to the post.

The coaches were very popular.Passengers loved them.Across Australia coachlines had 2 of them.I had driven both on express and the occasional tour and a few charter jobs.The Briscoes coaches were put in their place on express when those companies amalgamated.
Attachments
An example of a Twin Deck with raked floor.No sunken aisle.
An example of a Twin Deck with raked floor.No sunken aisle.
5.72 (1232 x 1742)c (598 x 434).jpg (66.56 KiB) Viewed 4608 times

Return to “Photos - General/Miscellaneous/Various”