12.2 Metre/40ft versions of any bus and coach?

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Denv12

12.2 Metre/40ft versions of any bus and coach?

Post by Denv12 »

Over the years I've seen some interesting buses and coaches where a standard bus like a Denning Denflex was built as a 12.2 metre-3 axle version.An Austral Metroliner in Clipper Tours fleet,Freighter Lawtons "Moonraker",etc.Smekels,who were on the Gold Coast,they had a step deck coach built on a longer chassis and so on.Ansair did at least one version on a GBW or RFW chassis for Ansett Pioneer that ended up as Admiral Roadlines in Adelaide.This post is about showing photos of all those versions here.They are forgotten vehicles so I'd like to remember them all here.

I remember Clipper Tours operating some of those 12m Austral Metroliner's on their tours in Sydney.I saw a photo of a Denflex somewhere during this year.I remember the Moonraker in Adelaide that came from NSW.Rainbow Tours owned it here in Adelaide years ago.

What have you seen and what have you got photos of that you can add to this topic?
All information,photos,etc welcome here on this topic.
Landseer
Favourite Vehicle: RFW trucks- Custom Hand built

Re: 12.2 Metre/40ft versions of any bus and coach?

Post by Landseer »

RFW built 9 x 12.2 chassis for pioneer
2x 13.5 for BHP groove island
Carah coaches, entrance red bus service, Colin jack at broken hill, pathfinder tours wittenoom wa
To name a few
Denv12

Re: 12.2 Metre/40ft versions of any bus and coach?

Post by Denv12 »

Landseer wrote:RFW built 9 x 12.2 chassis for pioneer
2x 13.5 for BHP groove island
Carah coaches, entrance red bus service, Colin jack at broken hill, pathfinder tours wittenoom wa
To name a few
I think one of them was based here in Adelaide at their depot on Burbridge Road.That was Ansett Pioneer.We had bought a tray top dodge truck from there,that was around 1974ish.The coach was sold to "Admiral Roadlines" on Brighton road Seacombe Gardens,near Seacombe Road.It had retained its livery.The guy used to salute other drivers whenever we passed each other on the road.I dont know what year it was sold after that or where it went to.

I remember seeing the coach around 1985 doing the Melbourne service one morning.

Return to “Photos - General/Miscellaneous/Various”