Restoring the Greyhound Denning AEC:all posts here.

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Denv12

Restoring the Greyhound Denning AEC:all posts here.

Post by Denv12 »

As you are aware that there is a topic posted on a former Greyhound Denning bodied AEC that has been donated.The coach topic has attracted a lot of attention.As a result of its popularity its important that the coach be given its own topic so that everyone who is involved and those interested can visit here and contribute to this topic.

Please add photos of the coach here so people can see the vehicle.

You are all welcome to add information,photos,etc here on the restoration of the historical coach.I wish everyone the best for the restoration.If anyone can help out somehow please contribute here.
Last edited by Denv12 on Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tas Bus Nut
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O303

Re: Restoring the Greyhound Denning AEC:all posts here.

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

To give everybody an idea, of what's ahead. The bus originally started with GREYHOUND, before passing to Parlorcars > Centralian Tours > MAXWELLS in 1974. The coach was used until 1991/2 where it was parked in this paddock and left for 19yrs before the TBCS "encouraged" Dennis Maxwell to "fire her up" for an Enthusiast Tour. A couple of batteries, a little tinkering . . . and away she went, purring like a kitten and AGAIN 3yrs later when these shots were taken. LET THE RESTORATION BEGIN :idea:

Denv12

Post by Denv12 »

Denv12 wrote:As you are aware that there is a topic posted on a former Greyhound Denning bodied AEC that has been donated.The coach topic has attracted a lot of attention.As a result of its popularity its important that the coach be given its own topic so that everyone who is involved and those interested can visit here and contribute to this topic.

Please add photos of the coach here so people can see the vehicle.

You are all welcome to add information,photos,etc here on the restoration of the historical coach.I wish everyone the best for the restoration.If anyone can help out somehow please contribute here.Thank you to Tas Bus Nut for bring this sharing the news of this restoration project to the bus world.Cant wait to see the progress.good luck,everyone.
Hornibrook

Post by Hornibrook »

She would look 10 times better if she had a wash with the pressure cleaner - it's amazing what a difference it makes once the moss and crap is gone.
stevegj52
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo Bus & Coaches

Post by stevegj52 »

Hornibrook wrote:She would look 10 times better if she had a wash with the pressure cleaner - it's amazing what a difference it makes once the moss and crap is gone.
From what I believe that is on agenda and work on the AEC starts this weekend.
Volvo B8R,green efficiency built in
Guy_Arab
Favourite Vehicle: M.A.N Bus & Guy Arab

Post by Guy_Arab »

stevegj52 wrote:
Hornibrook wrote:She would look 10 times better if she had a wash with the pressure cleaner - it's amazing what a difference it makes once the moss and crap is gone.
If you need a AEC Manual contact me
Guy Arab
Member of WA Omnibus Group Inc
Hornibrook

Post by Hornibrook »

stevegj52 wrote:
Excellent! It's fantastic to see preservation really taking off down on the Apple Isle. Shame most of the enthusiasm in QLD wore off years ago.
Tas Bus Nut

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

Hornibrook wrote:Excellent! It's fantastic to see preservation really taking off down on the Apple Isle. Shame most of the enthusiasm in QLD wore off years ago.
It's getting started Hornibrook. Hopefully with an OLDER vehicle it will generate a LOT MORE :shock:
Guy_Arab wrote:If you need a AEC Manual contact me
Guy Arab
Member of WA Omnibus Group Inc
Thanks for the offer Guy Arab. Will advise Executives and contact you directly (via PM)
stevegj52 wrote: From what I believe that is on agenda and work on the AEC starts this weekend.
Correct stevegj52 :mrgreen: Little steps though, but a start. Recording ALL signwriting on bus before steam-cleaning panels and such, repairing little mechanical faults and then the pressure clean (hopefully, if all goes to plan) :wink:
Tas Bus Nut

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

Let's see what's under the skin :shock: . The actual aluminium panels are quite good, HOWEVER the same cannot be said for what's underneath :mrgreen:
Next after these panels, is cleaning out the stuff around the runners of the windows to access the screws that hold the windows in.

One for you paulwr - Pencil scribbling near the front door. I haven't a clue, but you may know some of their meanings.

Bedford-29

Post by Bedford-29 »

Strewth Neil there is going to be hell of a lot of cutting,bending and shaping when you start.I hope someone good at jig saw puzzels what is that old song the knee bone connected leg bone. :mrgreen:
Previoulsy known as United Diesel 15
Tas Bus Nut

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

To me, and I don't really have a clue, it looks like the framework is the only MAJOR problem. The rest, could quite easily be a walk in the park :shock:
yoda will start on the slave cylinder this week and a little wiring, whilst he's on holidays. SO, as the old saying goes: WATCH THIS SPACE :mrgreen:
2 TONE GREEN & WHITE
Favourite Vehicle: Leyland

Post by 2 TONE GREEN & WHITE »

Hi Guys,Been a while since I've sent a msg To busy these days to get too involved in restos..I have restored a few buses over the past and found it very entertaining,but also quite expensive...I find this example as being one I must share..I made an attempt to restore an ex forest denning viking of the same error as the AEC.The first part of the rebuild was to remove the same panels..Same frame rot..decided to remove the roof and floor to complete total resto...Wait until you see whats under the floor !!They have to be a complete body of resto. these old bodies are just too hard..Shame,they were a good looking old body..
Industry

Post by Industry »

Are you going to do anything the ex Lever's Hino Denning
2 TONE GREEN & WHITE
Favourite Vehicle: Leyland

Post by 2 TONE GREEN & WHITE »

The ex levers denning is a Leyland panther.Not a hino.It has the same problem.frame is totally rusted.
Denv12

Post by Denv12 »

2 TONE GREEN & WHITE wrote:The ex levers denning is a Leyland panther.Not a hino.It has the same problem.frame is totally rusted.
You could start a new post on that one.It deserves its own so people can contribute to that project.

Its great to see that this post is progressing nicely.

Return to “Photos - General/Miscellaneous/Various”