Lidster brothers photos

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
AEC Regal

Re: Lidster brothers photos

Post by AEC Regal »

Always liked the style of Ansair bodied vehicles. Very distinctive with their rounded shape - like bullets (or capsules!) on wheels!
leyland clippers
Favourite Vehicle: Ansair buses & coaches

Post by leyland clippers »

Last pic is taken outside the Lachlan Hotel at Ouse. Would have been en route from Queenstown to Hobart. Ouse used to be the lunch stop. There used to be a takeaway shop just west of the pub. This shop got burnt down in the early seventies.
Hobart,The Way Life Should Be
trainiac
Favourite Vehicle: NOT Bedfords!

Post by trainiac »

Bedford-29

Post by Bedford-29 »

I wonder when this picture was taken this is ex MTT Grummet bodied Seddon 373.
Previoulsy known as United Diesel 15
trainiac

Post by trainiac »

Tas Bus Nut
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O303

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

AWESOME photograph of Leyland trolleybus #25
leyland clippers
Favourite Vehicle: Ansair buses & coaches

Post by leyland clippers »

Grays Transport carried freight between Queenstown and Hobart for quite a few years.
Hobart,The Way Life Should Be
Tas Bus Nut

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

I've seen other photos of Murrays' Transett (Bruce Tilley & Ian Cooper), but haven't seen one alongside their OB Bedford :shock: COOL :wink:
trainiac

Post by trainiac »

Bedford-29

Post by Bedford-29 »

The second picture the yellow bus is a Morris commercial and the last picture the red and silver bus is a International.
Tas Bus Nut

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

Any idea what the celebration was for, to warrant #74's decoration. Thinking Royal Visit, however which year ? Trolleybuses finished in 1968 and artics were not introduced until 1979 (although the one pictured is 1980 vintage) AND they're going the wrong way down Davey St :shock:
Bedford-29

Post by Bedford-29 »

And behind the tow truck did you notice the one of the first Volvo articulated buses Neil.
Tas Bus Nut

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

Tas Bus Nut wrote:(although the one pictured is 1980 vintage)
Bedford-29 wrote:And behind the tow truck did you notice the one of the first Volvo articulated buses Neil.
trainiac

Post by trainiac »

Bedford-29 wrote:The second picture the yellow bus is a Morris commercial and the last picture the red and silver bus is a International.
I had no idea what the yellow one was. Thanks.
Tas Bus Nut wrote:Any idea what the celebration was for, to warrant #74's decoration. Thinking Royal Visit, however which year ? Trolleybuses finished in 1968 and artics were not introduced until 1979 (although the one pictured is 1980 vintage) AND they're going the wrong way down Davey St :shock:
Pretty sure it was a Christmas pageant. Ted is hard to pin down for info, he tends not to remember where and when, and the story can change! :lol:
trainiac

Post by trainiac »

Bedford-29

Post by Bedford-29 »

The latest pictures the last picture a Bedford OB with wheel arches.
AEC Regal

Post by AEC Regal »

Tas Bus Nut wrote:Any idea what the celebration was for, to warrant #74's decoration. Thinking Royal Visit, however which year ? Trolleybuses finished in 1968 and artics were not introduced until 1979 (although the one pictured is 1980 vintage) AND they're going the wrong way down Davey St :shock:
Pretty sure it was a Christmas pageant. Ted is hard to pin down for info, he tends not to remember where and when, and the story can change! :lol:[/quote]

The TTMS was involved in the Hobart Christmas pageant a few times during the early 1980's. "Canton" No. 74 was featured a couple of times by memory. Can't remember if BUT No. 235 had a run (maybe not, as it was awaiting some restoration work IIRC). It (# 74) was towed into Hobart by Volvo tow-motor No. 8, then propelled around the pageant circuit. I was fortunate to be able to ride No. 74 a couple of time during these events - closest I have ever come to riding a live Hobart trolley-bus!

Phil L. should be able to provide more detail and dates (though I may have the detail myself if I check my photo collection at home).
Tas Bus Nut

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

The 3rd picture (in the last series) appears to be taken in West Hobart :?: :?: Did Arthur Gray have his yard up there. It's not Tas Coach Lines old yard in Landsdowne Cres (is it) :?:
Timbo52
Favourite Vehicle: Ansair Flxible Clippers

Post by Timbo52 »

G'day Neil, yes the picture in question is at Lansdowne Cres & the following one as well around in the back yard of the property as you may remember it was quite an area.
Well the last of an era has passed, Dad died last Sunday afternoon, he is the last of the 1950' - 80's self made operators in the Tasmanian coach industry that made such a difference to our way of life in Tassie. Funeral is on Friday, notice will be in the paper. May he rest in Peace.
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Post by captainch »

ANOTHER bus stallwalk gone to that great depot in the sky may he rest in peace.& thank you for making bus history in Tassie!
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
stevegj52
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo Bus & Coaches

Post by stevegj52 »

Sorry to hear that Tim, I remember Ayers Coaches running up the derwent valley when living up there and the Tasmanian Coach lines Days. He was certainly a Industry pioneer in Tasmania. May he rest in peace.
Volvo B8R,green efficiency built in
Tas Bus Nut

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

Timbo52 wrote:G'day Neil, yes the picture in question is at Lansdowne Cres & the following one as well around in the back yard of the property as you may remember it was quite an area.
Well the last of an era has passed, Dad died last Sunday afternoon, he is the last of the 1950' - 80's self made operators in the Tasmanian coach industry that made such a difference to our way of life in Tassie. Funeral is on Friday, notice will be in the paper. May he rest in Peace.
I remember the house well, because Dad used to fix the Golden Fleece tanks/pumps. When I used to go with him, I'd jump into the old Commers and have a bit of a steer. He always had to come looking for me when it was time to go :lol: As for YOUR Dad, I'd advised MJL and posted in the Discussion Section here on BA :(
Timbo52
Favourite Vehicle: Ansair Flxible Clippers

Post by Timbo52 »

Thanks Neil new you would fix my gaff.
Didnt mean to take over the wrong section of the forum. Sorry to trainiac as well for putting it in his section.
trainiac

Post by trainiac »

Tas Bus Nut

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

Nice selection from Cresswells :wink:

Return to “Photos - Hobart/Tas”