2015 Bus Enthusiasts 'Greater Perth' Tour:

Moderators: perthbus, Mr OC Benz

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
I love the old buses

2015 Bus Enthusiasts 'Greater Perth' Tour:

Post by I love the old buses »

Hey everyone,

Long time, no post, so here goes.

Sunday June, 7th, 2015 was the Greater Perth part of the Enthusiasts tour this year. This tour covered hills running through the likes of Helena Valley, Darlington, Glen Forrest, Mahogany Creek and Mundaring from morning through to lunch with three articulated buses each of a different make and model as well as operators AND States! After Lunch at Mundaring Weir Hotel, We drove down Great Eastern Hwy, Old York Rd, and a few other back streets, Middle Swan to our next stop at Caversham Primary School. From there we headed out to East Ballajura for an 'erberts hill shot. From there it was off to PATH Bayswater depot via ADAMS Malaga (to show some 'erberts a few preserved buses as we drove by) to drop off another driver as he collected one of the loudest and fastest NH's. After dropping off gunzels, myself and NightFlyer took one bus back to Malaga and drove to Welshpool to pick up another. Upon arrival at Welshpool, looked like it was happy days with the bus already out for us, only for us to get confused with some 'Out of Service' tags which led to more than one bus being started up and a 40 minute delay departing the depot. Meanwhile, all the gunzels were enjoying getting stuck on a hill with some door problems in a CAT bus (2144) in Noranda, and eventually ended up in Kings Park where they boarded three new buses for the race to North Fremantle. Of course they got to North Freo before NightFlyer and myself and so 10-15 minutes after their arrival, we decided to turn up and get some sunset/last light group photos, before a quick trip back up to Cottesloe. That was the official end of the tour, however two buses ran shuttles back to the Esplanade Busport and Perth Station while the other two headed off to their respective depots. I was lucky enough to catch a ride on one to Canning Bridge then meet up with the others in the city.

All in all, it was a fantastic day despite all the delays and stress. I'm sure everyone enjoyed the weekend on some different rides. Huge thanks to Zack, Andrew, Gavin, Ian, Leigh for their contributions and making this possible, and special thanks to Bing Lee for showing off his 'toy'.

Photo Album: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

ENJOY!

Regards,
Andrew
adx666
Favourite Vehicle: Transperth Mercedes O305

Re: 2015 Bus Enthusiasts 'Greater Perth' Tour:

Post by adx666 »

Fantastic shots, looks like it was another great success !
Sad sad days with seas and seas of silver sh!t :evil:
I love the old buses

Re: 2015 Bus Enthusiasts 'Greater Perth' Tour:

Post by I love the old buses »

Thanks! Of course there were the inevitable hiccups along the way, but myself and I'm sure everyone else had a great time, was good to see new people and catch up with a few others again.

Return to “Photos - Perth/WA”