Recent Pictures At City (Friday 6/9/2013) part 2

Moderators: perthbus, Mr OC Benz

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
pasha241

Recent Pictures At City (Friday 6/9/2013) part 2

Post by pasha241 »

continued

30 from Curtin Uni BUS STATION to Wellington St BUS STATION (Perth CITY CENTRE)
via HOPE AVE. and LABOUNCHERE RD. Path Transit

212 from ESPLANADE BUSPORT (PERTH CITY CENTRE) to HUNTINGDALE
Via Shepperton Rd. And Thornlie Station. SWan Transit

103 from FREMANTLE to EAST PERTH
via Stirling Highway And Kings Park Rd. SWan Transit
wrong destos. because they put fremantle on the destos but the bus going to east perth.

177 from BENTLEY, WYONG ROAD to ESPLANADE BUSPORT (PERTH CITY CENTRE)
Via Victoria Park. SWan Transit

i forgot what number of this bus. i think between 881 or 940

177 again

41 from Esplanade Busport (Perth CITY CENTRE) to Bayswater
via LORD STREET and MAYLANDS. SWan Transit

106 from ESPLANADE BUSPORT (Perth CITY CENTRE) to Fremantle STATION
via CAUSEWAY and CANNING HWY. Southern Coast Transit

177 from ESPLANADE BUSPORT (PERTH CITY CENTRE) to BENTLEY, WYONG ROAD
Via Victoria Park. SWan Transit

881 from Munster to WELLINGTON ST BUS STATION (Perth CITY CENTRE). Limited Stops
via HAMILTON HILL and BOORAGOON BUS STATION. Southern Coast Transit
pasha241

Re: Recent Pictures At City (Friday 6/9/2013) part 2

Post by pasha241 »

55 from Esplanade Busport (Perth CITY CENTRE) to Bassendean
via LORD STREET and GUILDFORD RD. Path Transit

16 from Esplanade Busport (Perth CITY CENTRE) to Dianella
via WILLIAM STREET and CRAWFORD ROAD. Path Transit

211 from ESPLANADE BUSPORT (PERTH CITY CENTRE) to GOSNELLS STATION
Via Thornlie Station And Spencer Road. SWan Transit

104 from ESPLANADE BUSPORT (Perth CITY CENTRE) to Como
via CAUSEWAY and CANNING HWY. Southern Coast Transit

32 from Esplanade BUSPORT (Perth CITY CENTRE) to Como
via Causeway and Coode Street. Path Transit

881 from Munster to WELLINGTON ST BUS STATION (Perth CITY CENTRE)
via HAMILTON HILL and BOORAGOON BUS STATION. Southern Coast Transit

42 from Esplanade Busport (Perth CITY CENTRE) to Maylands
via LORD STREET and PENINSULA RD. Path Transit

282 from Kalamunda BUS STATION to Esplanade BUSPORT (Perth CITY CENTRE)
via GROVE RD. and OATS ST. STATION. Path Transit

288 from Forrestfield CARAVAN PARK to Esplanade BUSPORT (Perth CITY CENTRE)
via Belmont Forum. Path Transit
drpeps
Favourite Vehicle: UQB605 & TP1044

Post by drpeps »

Hi pasha241. I see that you are new to ATDB, so welcome aboard.

Your pictures are a little un nerving with an odd perspective on the fronts of lots of the buses you have photographed. Are you using a camera or a mobile phone?

Rather than posting all the pictures you have taken, be selective and post those that look good and tell a story. Shooting into the sun has spoilt quite a few of your pictures. The street scenes are good, but do try to avoid people and objects very close to you dominating the picture and try to get the subject in good focus.

The information you provided with each picture was very informative and detailed, however buses are identified by their fleet number. The route they are on can be there as well, being additional information.

Keep practising, and you will become better. Great that you interested in buses, and found the right place. Spend some time looking through posts on ATDB and you will learn a lot. Also, spend some time on http://www.perthbus.info. It contains a wealth of information on buses in WA.
jonwil

Post by jonwil »

EXIF info in the photo files indicates the shots were taken with a Samsung Galaxy S II mobile phone (so its a camera-phone and not a very good one at that)
I agree with what drpeps (and adx666 on your other thread) said and recommend getting a proper camera (you should be able to find a camera that's more than adequate for bus photography for not very much money.
pasha241

Post by pasha241 »

drpeps wrote:Hi pasha241. I see that you are new to ATDB, so welcome aboard.

Your pictures are a little un nerving with an odd perspective on the fronts of lots of the buses you have photographed. Are you using a camera or a mobile phone?

Rather than posting all the pictures you have taken, be selective and post those that look good and tell a story. Shooting into the sun has spoilt quite a few of your pictures. The street scenes are good, but do try to avoid people and objects very close to you dominating the picture and try to get the subject in good focus.

The information you provided with each picture was very informative and detailed, however buses are identified by their fleet number. The route they are on can be there as well, being additional information.

Keep practising, and you will become better. Great that you interested in buses, and found the right place. Spend some time looking through posts on ATDB and you will learn a lot. Also, spend some time on http://www.perthbus.info. It contains a wealth of information on buses in WA.
jonwil wrote:EXIF info in the photo files indicates the shots were taken with a Samsung Galaxy S II mobile phone (so its a camera-phone and not a very good one at that)
I agree with what drpeps (and adx666 on your other thread) said and recommend getting a proper camera (you should be able to find a camera that's more than adequate for bus photography for not very much money.
ok thx for the advice
adx666
Favourite Vehicle: Transperth Mercedes O305

Post by adx666 »

Nice ass in pic 6 tho!
Sad sad days with seas and seas of silver sh!t :evil:
drpeps
Favourite Vehicle: UQB605 & TP1044

Post by drpeps »

I have and use a Canon DSLR 1100D, which you can buy for under $400 which gives quite good results and you get to choose various automatic, semi automatic and manual modes. There's nothing like taking a picture through a viewfinder, and no delay between pressing the shutter and the camera taking the shot.

There's also a Nikon, 3100 I think, for not much more money.
adx666

Post by adx666 »

I am still really happy with my Lumix LX7, sub $400 online and I still have an LX5 which is low $300's now, great camera also
jonwil

Post by jonwil »

You dont NEED an SLR to take good bus photos though, a decent mid-range point & shoot (like my Canon PowerShot SX130IS) is perfectly adequate :)
adx666

Post by adx666 »

The lumix lx range are not SLR's!
busrider
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...

Post by busrider »

They're not exactly basic point & shoots either...
Dennis96

Post by Dennis96 »

A good first effort. Keep up the good work. Your photography will improve with practice and try and copy the styles of other pictures that you see on ATDB.

Even with the latest technology, for good photographs the old rule "Keep the sun behind you" still applies. This means for bus photography in the mornings you take pictures of buses heading east and in the afternoon, heading west. Because our sun is orientated to the north, it is easier to take good pictures of buses heading north than south. Cloudy overcast days with even light can enable reasonable pictures looking north, - i.e. shots that wouldn't work out on a lovely sunny day.

Try and avoid taking pictures with the camera set at a wide angle. It distorts the subject when it comes close. When I am not taking photographs with film cameras I alternate between two digital cameras. My easy to pop in the pocket Panasonic TZ10 takes great pictures, but I find difficulty seeing the subject on the screen when outdoors and find it hard to compose the picture. But you don't look like a professional and some people seem to think a person taking pictures of buses using a camera with a long lens is up to no good. With my other cameras I can use a viewfinder and this enables accurate composition and the shutter goes off as soon as the button is pressed. Mobile telephones are probably best used for stationary objects.

My interest is in the bus, its fleet number and type, location where I took the picture and the date, so my captions don't record the route, destination or the service provider that is operating the bus. Often the location is self explanatory. A typical caption for one of my pictures could go along the lines "Mercedes-Benz OC500LE 1425 Labouchere Road, Como 11th September 2013". I suppose with digital cameras recording the date on the image file, you don't need to be thorough in keeping this record, but I find it is handy to have a date when looking back at pictures I took many years ago.

Good luck, keep on taking pictures. Try and include backgrounds of things that can change over time. That will make the pictures more interesting in years to come. Think how precious any transport photos will be in fifty years time. Go for quality over quantity.
Passengers must not talk to Driver

Return to “Photos - Perth/WA”