A 'pretend' Yellow City Clipper ...

Moderators: perthbus, Mr OC Benz

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
jonwil

Re: A 'pretend' Yellow City Clipper ...

Post by jonwil »

It was impressive to see (and ride) this fine machine.
I have a camera full of photos taken of, on and from this machine that I will upload when I get a chance.
I was about 5 seconds too slow to get the one shot I wanted with a Yellow Cat and the Yellow Clipper in the same shot (but I did get a shot of the Yellow Clipper with a Blue Cat on Barrack Street)

I am currently investigating my LEGO to see if I have enough parts to build this fine machine (main question is whether I have enough windows plus I need to figure out what color seats to use for it)
wayfarer
Favourite Vehicle: leyland worldmaster, HK monaro

Post by wayfarer »

Good to finally be able to put a face to several boardmembers and spend the day , well day(s) , doing what I always wanted to do in a decommissioned bus.. I'm sure a few of the older denizens of Perth had to look twice when they saw 933 and wondered if they were seeing things ! some people would say it is an amazing thing for these buses to be out on display AND driven around, not really, it is what they were designed for afterall..
As for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
adx666
Favourite Vehicle: Transperth Mercedes O305

Post by adx666 »

Great to see this meticulously prepared beauty driving the streets of Perth on saturday, heres hoping it will be back for the heritage weekend next year!
Sad sad days with seas and seas of silver sh!t :evil:
panther998
Favourite Vehicle: Aberdeen Corp 274, AEC Regent

Post by panther998 »

wayfarer wrote:.. I'm sure a few of the older denizens of Perth had to look twice when they saw 933 and wondered if they were seeing things ! ..
One lady 'of mature age' asked if the City Clippers were being reintroduced - she was quite disappointed to learn the bus was only running for Heritage Days. She stated that she 'really liked the Clippers and the CAT buses are not nearly as good' ... then strolled away without explaining why.
tbc1983

Post by tbc1983 »

Another City Clipper; this time, an O305.... ;)

Cheers!
Death is the solution to all problems. No man - no problem.
adx666

Post by adx666 »

Aaah the O305 clippers, truly wicked, wish I could go back in time to when they plied the streets!
panther998
Favourite Vehicle: Aberdeen Corp 274, AEC Regent

Post by panther998 »

panther998 wrote:... I will save my next and last update until the 'minor details' and the roof sign are in place.
As promised several months ago, my final update and image for this thread.

Due to other maintenance/ restoration priorities for the BPS volunteers involved, it has taken a little longer than I originally anticipated for the MTT roof sign to be manufactured and fitted. But today (18 Jan), at long last 83 (aka 933) was driven out into the brilliant summer sunshine and posed near the Tractor Museum in Whiteman Park to show off its new 'adornment'.
Hino 83 in City Clipper guise as 933 - 18 Jan 2011
Hino 83 in City Clipper guise as 933 - 18 Jan 2011
P1120077crcds.JPG (126.7 KiB) Viewed 10183 times
As some Board members (probably?) already know, 83 / 933 was unavailable for service over the past weekend due to a partial collapse of the front step last Saturday. Luckily, this happened within the Depot while the Hino was being prepared for the days running, rather than when in passenger carrying service. O305 171 substituted on the Lord St shuttles, and AEC Regal VI 654 saw its first 'revenue service' for some time when it covered the far more sedate running on the Monday tours of the Park (a mere 8km added to the odometer reading!). This morning, the BPSWA experts on bodywork repairs wasted no time in getting 83 /933's front step welded back into proper position, enabling the above pic to be taken not long after morning tea time on the 'mail collection run' between the Depot and Whiteman Village.
adx666

Post by adx666 »

Great stuff, now I'll have to grab a shot of this fine machine with this latest addition to it!
jonwil

Post by jonwil »

Other than the MTT sign, have any noticeable changes been made to the yellow clipper since it ran on Heritage Weekend?
adx666

Post by adx666 »

Question guys, did the real clippers have the black strips in them, the ones you press to stop?
Arthur933

Post by Arthur933 »

Re panther 988, What a nice bus it was to drive. Out of many Panthers in the MTT there was only a few that had what this bus did.,But I must say I preferred the Hino's 932,933. I drove the yellow and Red clippers for around 2 years. I have great memories of them ! My Name is Arthur and I drove the Clippers along with a very good friend and still is George. How I would love to drive a Hino clipper one more time.
Arthur933

Post by Arthur933 »

Did some one mention a mercedes city clipper ? not when I drove them there wasn't. The yellow and red clipper fleet consisted of Hino And Panthers, Not to mention that terrible bus number 10 which I think was a Daimler
Arthur933

Post by Arthur933 »

adx666 wrote:Question guys, did the real clippers have the black strips in them, the ones you press to stop?
Hi The real Clippers did have the black strips, But they where disabled .

Return to “Photos - Perth/WA”