• Advertisement

1GRL423: The Only B8RLE Orange School Bus

Moderators: perthbus, Mr OC Benz

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)

1GRL423: The Only B8RLE Orange School Bus

Postby Zidanehartono » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:52 pm

Transperth's Volvo in Volgren buses can be easily found everywhere within the Perth Metropolitan Area, but this particular type seem interesting as it's not a Volgren but being the only type with a different bodywork.

I'm hoping that this photo topic will be a hub for sightings of 1GRL423, the only B8RLE in Perth with an Express Coach Builders bodywork, one door and the orange school bus paintwork.

Although that i had wished to photograph the dashboard and interior, here's 1GRL423 while at Hartfield Park in Forrestfield on 17/10/2019.

I have seen pics on perthbus.info but i created this topic for future sightings of this bus, so please share the pics here.
The one who catches the Perth Stadium bus like an illegal immigrant by only to gunzel for buses & trains and/or to go anywhere else.

TP3085 always operates the first 654 trip to Perth Stadium.
Zidanehartono

Favourite Vehicle: Custom CB80

Re: 1GRL423: The Only B8RLE Orange School Bus

Postby Squiddy » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:40 pm

Zidanehartono wrote:Transperth's Volvo in Volgren buses can be easily found everywhere within the Perth Metropolitan Area, but this particular type seem interesting as it's not a Volgren but being the only type with a different bodywork.

I'm hoping that this photo topic will be a hub for sightings of 1GRL423, the only B8RLE in Perth with an Express Coach Builders bodywork, one door and the orange school bus paintwork.

I have seen pics on perthbus.info but i created this topic for future sightings of this bus, so please share the pics here.

~~I am not sure if it is the only one of these. A couple months ago in the Volvo workshop in Welshpool I saw another express-bodied OSB without plates, so I think there are at least two around.~~

EDIT: I recently came across a horrible photo of the above mentioned OSB I took in Welshpool, and turns out it doesn't have an Express body. Disregard the above, my apologies.

If you or anyone else wants a reliable way to spot this bus, it has a pretty reliable school run in Rockingham most days, it runs empty Westbound on Rae Rd around 2:30pm and then comes back the other way full of kids about 20 minutes later. Saw it on this route literally yesterday
Last edited by Squiddy on Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently working on my bus photography site where I'm aiming to photograph every Transperth bus in Perth - have (almost) everything!

Check out https://squiddysbuses.com/ !!! :D
Squiddy

Favourite Vehicle: Anything with new bus smell!!

Postby Zidanehartono » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:30 pm

It has a pretty reliable school run in Rockingham most days, it runs empty Westbound on Rae Rd around 2:30pm and then comes back the other way full of kids about 20 minutes later. Saw it on this route literally yesterday

Hopefully i'll be out in Rockingham on these Fridays because i get to leave the term in Week 5 so i can observe my Friday prayer and before the summer holidays fades in soon.

Do you know its exact starting/ending point in the mormings and afternoons (Eg. At what Transperth bus stop by stop number or corner of what roads meet together) Ben?
The one who catches the Perth Stadium bus like an illegal immigrant by only to gunzel for buses & trains and/or to go anywhere else.

Zidanehartono

Postby Squiddy » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:43 pm

Zidanehartono wrote:
It has a pretty reliable school run in Rockingham most days, it runs empty Westbound on Rae Rd around 2:30pm and then comes back the other way full of kids about 20 minutes later. Saw it on this route literally yesterday

Hopefully i'll be out in Rockingham on these Fridays because i get to leave the term in Week 5 so i can observe my Friday prayer and before the summer holidays fades in soon.

Do you know its exact starting/ending point in the mormings and afternoons (Eg. At what Transperth bus stop by stop number or corner of what roads meet together) Ben?

I have no idea whatsoever, all I know is I see it heading down Rae Rd from Ennis Ave most afternoons and see it heading back not long after. I don't even know which school it goes to

Edit: A photo I took of it on Rae Rd back in May
Attachments
1GRL423 2019.05.09 RaeRd.jpg
Currently working on my bus photography site where I'm aiming to photograph every Transperth bus in Perth - have (almost) everything!

Squiddy

Postby Leyland B21 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:09 pm

Looks like either a BCI body or King Long

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
You can take the boy out of Armadale W.A but you cant take Armadale out of the boy!!!
Leyland B21

Favourite Vehicle: Former Perth B21 /#32

Postby Zidanehartono » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:17 pm

Leyland B21 wrote:Looks like either a BCI body or King Long.

Heh, i was thinking the same thing too when i saw HW's BCI looking similar to this a few days ago somewhere on Welshpool Road.

Zidanehartono

Postby Bus Suggestions » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:26 pm

It's design may be similar to that of either, however, as noted in the first post of this thread (and quite sometime prior in the local observations), it is Express-bodied.
Transperth: The Best Privatisation Model
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCxgB_b5NiVAiHE3M7AnDrnA
Bus Suggestions

Favourite Vehicle: Anything good lookin'!

Postby Zidanehartono » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:49 pm

All I know is I see it heading down Rae Rd from Ennis Ave most afternoons and see it heading back not long after. I don't even know which school it goes to.

It looks like that it might've headed to/from Malibu School as indicated that you saw it at those times and place, I'm sure that it has the same home time as my school which is 2:50PM.

Zidanehartono

Postby Zidanehartono » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:14 pm

I've been informed by Mr Obsessed that this bus can be found parked somewhere along Dixon Road in Rockingham when off-duty.

Zidanehartono

Postby Squiddy » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:49 am

Zidanehartono wrote:I've been informed by Mr Obsessed that this bus can be found parked somewhere along Dixon Road in Rockingham when off-duty.

Yep, but I prefer to get photos 'in action' so I never sought it out down there. Good hunting!

Squiddy

• Advertisement

Return to Photos - Perth/WA