Torrens Transit Bustechs.

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
jibb

Re: Torrens Transit Bustechs.

Post by jibb »

Good photos-new deliveries coming thick and fast 3 more new ones commenced service yesterday..
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

I'm not sure what to say about that livery...

Thanks for sharing the shots, though! :)
TT
Favourite Vehicle: Anything without SCANIA badge.

Post by TT »

Great photos. The new livery looks ok except the rear end, way too much red. Inspector, do you have a photo of the rear?
The Inspector
Favourite Vehicle: PMCSA Volvo B59

Post by The Inspector »

TT wrote:Great photos. The new livery looks ok except the rear end, way too much red. Inspector, do you have a photo of the rear?
No rear photos at this stage.
Has AdMet CB80 fever
Atlantean 1016
Favourite Vehicle: Atlanteans & blue leopards

Post by Atlantean 1016 »

I like this new livery, much better than the dreaded all over white. Thanks for sharing, Inspector.
nscaler69

Post by nscaler69 »

Taken down at Marion Shopping centre the other week.
Anagram: Timetable - bet I'm late
Centralian

Post by Centralian »

With that last image - is it just me but I see a fancy colourful red dress blown in the wind exposing white knickers.
Perhaps I've been indoors too long during this virus - need to get out and get some fresh air ! :oops:
Seriously though - that's what it reminds me of.
Think for yourself, while it's still legal !
Bus Suggestions
Favourite Vehicle: Something with a ZF Ecomat

Post by Bus Suggestions »

I prefer the old front and rear, but I really like the wavy look of the new sides. Really helps to lessen that bland white.
I'd post any important, bus-related links I had, but they're outdated anyways.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

It's a bit hard to tell, but the first photo seems to be the type that has had the window-line modified so that seated passengers can see out the windows, whereas the other photos appear to be the original high window line. How many of the original were delivered before they changed to the modified window line?
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

I had also been looking at that but the one in the first photo seems to be an earlier delivery with the old livery. If anything I thought that first one had a higher window line which just goes down near the front of the bus.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

According to the fleet list that first one has a build date of 2019 while the others have 2020 build date. What would the others built in 2019 be like?
Living in the Shire.
Tim Williams

Post by Tim Williams »

Regarding the windows, these new Bustechs have bonded, rather than rubber mounted windows, which provides a smoother look.

I am not a fan of the new livery, but it's worst feature is the ridiculously oversized "Adelaide Metro" on both sides - it is a totally amateur effort!!
I believe Bustech/Precision make great buses, they are nice and long at 12.5mtrs and I think Adelaide has sorted out (more or less) the window line problem - but they are a stunning looking bus. I can but only imagine what one would look like in Singapore's lush green livery.
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

The ones you're thinking of are 1906 and 1907 (ex Southlink 2453). The first one with the revised window line was 1973, delivered in the second half of 2018.

Here's a link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/jackosbus ... 5545752172
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

TA3001 wrote:The ones you're thinking of are 1906 and 1907 (ex Southlink 2453). The first one with the revised window line was 1973, delivered in the second half of 2018.

Here's a link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/jackosbus ... 5545752172
Thank you, that clarifies it - there were only two. It would be nice to see an interior photo of the later ones to see how the window-line worked out in relation to the seats.
TT
Favourite Vehicle: Anything without SCANIA badge.

Post by TT »

The first 2, 1906 and 1907, are not Scanias but Cummins powered. Built as prototypes I believe, the driver's area and dash area very different to 1973 onwards Scanias.
The Inspector
Favourite Vehicle: PMCSA Volvo B59

Post by The Inspector »

Centralian wrote:With that last image - is it just me but I see a fancy colourful red dress blown in the wind exposing white knickers.
Perhaps I've been indoors too long during this virus - need to get out and get some fresh air ! :oops:
Yep, it's just you ;)
Has AdMet CB80 fever
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

So this interior photo I understand is from one of the protoypes. So how does the interior of the Precision buses differ from this?

Centralian

Post by Centralian »

I was hoping a bit of humour might be appreciated in these times.
Cheers !
Think for yourself, while it's still legal !
burrumbus

Post by burrumbus »

Centralian wrote:With that last image - is it just me but I see a fancy colourful red dress blown in the wind exposing white knickers.
Just love your analogy Centralian !!!
And I agree with it too!!!
I think the new livery is fantastic,getting away from
a livery with four fifths of the bus being bland and boring white.
Perhaps the livery could be rejigged so that the white section at the rear be replaced with blue thereby keeping the SA and Adelaide Crows house colours.
I think that would result in a distinctive livery that stands out.
The current livery with four fifths of the bus in white just fails.
Well done to the powers that be in changing the livery to something much more distinctive.
Eagle Eye

Post by Eagle Eye »

At the end of the day, you won't see as much of the livery once advertising is introduced.

These buses look good and are fast and smooth on the road, but they don't have a great turning circle. Some of the tighter turns are difficult or impossible with these buses. I've seen a few 3-point turns already!
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

It wouldn't surprise me if the same problem exists with 1521 and onwards, as they are quite similar chassis wise, albeit with different bodies. I haven't witnessed a 3 point turn in one yet, but then how often would I board one just for a ride?

Even 1385 is a more likely candidate in this regard.
Eagle Eye

Post by Eagle Eye »

The wheelbase on the Scania engines with Custom bodies is quite short and they can manouevre well. The Bustechs are a metre longer and have a longer wheelbase, so they don't have such a good turning circle.
Bus-1809
Favourite Vehicle: As long as it's not a B7...

Post by Bus-1809 »

The new livery on the Bustech's actually looks really good IMO. Something refreshing from the YellowMet and RedMet liveries (which do actually look good, themselves). The bit of colour on the back is good too. It's refreshing, is probably the better way to put it.
If it's not a ZF, take it back!

Holder of W.A's largest transport sound recording collection. Over 1,300 recordings of vehicles and constantly expanding for the enjoyment of future generations.
Tim Williams

Post by Tim Williams »

P1090848a.jpg
P1090848a.jpg (80.5 KiB) Viewed 6537 times
A good livery does not require stripes, swoops and oversized logos - this MB Citaro operated by Tower Transit (sister coy. to Torrens Transit) is in the new standard Singapore Lush Green Livery and very smart it looks too. Eventually all 6,300 buses will be in this livery - they are moving along quickly, repainting the older buses. The actual shade of green looks a lot better "in the flesh" that in the photo.

I should say that I deliberately chose a single deck example so that tonyp does not think that I am simply promoting double deckers again, despite there being over 2,600 of them in service in Singapore.

London's signature red livery is also devoid of stripes etc. and looks very smart - I think that their actual shade of red greatly assists.

Return to “Photos - Adelaide/SA”