Yellow Headers - Adelaide Metro

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Tim Williams

Yellow Headers - Adelaide Metro

Post by Tim Williams »

The installation of these yellow headers on the CB80's of Adelaide Metro does puzzle and frustrate me. I know the supposed purpose is to make the buses more visible to the unfortunate people with visual impairment. However, I believe that this streak of yellow up on the header would make little or no difference to these people - if yellow had any affect at all, the yellow smiley bit below the windscreen would do the job.

In the meantime, the buses look dreadful with that yellow header and it is usually accompanied by yellow outline of the entrance doors in a different shade - all very amateur.

In London all the locals (including the visually impaired) seem to get along ok with buses that are basically red with some black areas - we really are the "nanny state" and that's why we are going backwards. Anyway, I am sure this will invoke some comment from the minor pressure groups - best of luck to you all.

The photo taken in May 2016 in King Williams St shows a with and without comparison of the yellow header.
P1080844a_edited-1.jpg
P1080844a_edited-1.jpg (80.24 KiB) Viewed 2179 times
Peter_M
Favourite Vehicle: CC CB80

Re: Yellow Headers - Adelaide Metro

Post by Peter_M »

Well said Tim. My thoughts exactly. I couldn't agree more. I do not think the reason for doing this is valid and it looks extremely tacky as do the yellow doors. Outside LED lighting on the vehicles make the yellow paint on the front doors superfluous! Just paint red over the yellow and the livery will much more corporate :)

Return to “Photos - Adelaide/SA”