[Photo Request] Transport in Stirling, 1950-2000

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

[Photo Request] Transport in Stirling, 1950-2000

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

Good Day Everyone,

This year I am doing the SACE Research Project at school. My question for it is "How have the transport options of Stirling residents changed since 1950". One aspect of this question is obtaining old photos of buses, trains and road allignments from that time, and comparing them to how they look today.

So what I am asking for is any photos of buses or trains in Stirling from the year 1950 to 2000 inclusive. If anyone has access to pictures that match that description, and can be located in Stirling, it would be much appreciated if they were shared here. All photos will be referenced to the original photogrpaher, not just becuase it's the right thing to do but also becuase it is a requirement of the research project.

If you have access to photos that match the description, but are not sure exactly where they were taken, they are also welcomed, as another member or myself may be able to loacte them - as long as you are or know who the original photogrpaher was, and the date it was taken (the year at least), it's all good.

Links to webpages with photos matching the description are also welcomed, I have done a small search myself but if anyone else knows of a site I should take a look at by all means let me know. I have already seen the informative photos of Choat's Passenger Service, available at the following link: http://www.busaustralia.com/forum/viewt ... at#p451048

Thankyou very much in anticipation of some interesting shots from the past.
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868

Return to “Photos - Adelaide/SA”