The first of MANY to come

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Hawkeye
Favourite Vehicle: Any well designed bus!

The first of MANY to come

Post by Hawkeye »

Evening all, here is your (almost) daily dosage of my shots! :)

We have some nice variation among these ones. Ranging from the O-Bahn Scania's, the good old Gassies, all the way to one of the Admet's rarest buses. As you can probably tell by now, I am really enjoying my new camera. I've never been so active in taking shots until now, I'm just loving every second of this new D3400. But of course, I have to take some credit for the shots ahaha :P Also to mention is that these aren't all from the same location (I think that gets a bit boring if that occurs). Some as far west as Light Square and as far south as Victoria Square, and anything in-between of course! And, these were not all taken on the same day. Just trying to get some variation. Hope you enjoy!! :mrgreen:

BTW Data - you should be happy, there's only 1 CB80 among them all this time... ;)

Last edited by Hawkeye on Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Re: The first of MANY to come

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

Nice shots there Hawkeye (as usual), although if it's 3310 you're calling "on of the Hills' rarest buses" (which I'm assuming it is because 3200 definitely doesn't fill that category), you may be a bit mistaken. Yes, it doesn't go to town everyday, but if you were to camp at Mt Barker on schooldays at school time, you'd see it almost everyday, twice a day on route 852L. Last Sunday (11th) it actually did an 864 and T843 or two as well, and as you saw made it into town out of Aldgate depot a few times as well. Watch out for it in town during the school holidays, with no 852L it is finally "free", much like your good self and I ;) .

I look forward to seeing more of your shots.
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868
Hawkeye
Favourite Vehicle: Any well designed bus!

Post by Hawkeye »

Lt. Commander Data wrote:Nice shots there Hawkeye (as usual), although if it's 3310 you're calling "on of the Hills' rarest buses" (which I'm assuming it is because 3200 definitely doesn't fill that category), you may be a bit mistaken.
Ahh, that meant to say in the Admet fleet. With it being only 1 of 3 buses still in the old TransitPlus livery, I wouldn't hesitate to call it a rare bus :P

Edited accordingly... ;)
Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

Ahh, ok. On that grounds fair enough, 3/1000ish buses is quite rare.
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

Speaking of rare, how many versions of 422 or 859 are in service? Just 2 out of about 110+ SL202s in service. 3269 and 3271 are the same. The former has good seats and an interesting interior, but the latter sounds better at 90-100kph in my opinion.

I'm sure 422 would be way more interesting, but.....

Return to “Photos - Adelaide/SA”