[NEW CAMERA] A New Beginning

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Hawkeye
Favourite Vehicle: Any well designed bus!

[NEW CAMERA] A New Beginning

Post by Hawkeye »

So...

Time to reveal - my new camera is a Nikon D3400 with a 18-55mm lens. I am just amazed to how much detail this camera can produce, compared to my previous one. I see nothing to fault about this fine product, it is certainly something worth the shot. After a day spent around the CBD, taking pics and getting hot in the (not nice) 37 degree sun.. But putting the terrible temperature aside, it was an amazing day to put my new Nikon camera to work! :)

I took many more pictures than usual, hundreds in fact. I think I was just enjoying the time in which I was testing out the new device of mine :P
Anyhow, here are some to start you off with. These bunch of shots focus particularly on the SouthLink hills fleet, lots of Volgrens! This should impress a certain someone.. ;)

P.S. Sorry I didn't get any in the old TransitPlus livery Data, they were replaced by my beloved CB80's ahaha!
Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Re: [NEW CAMERA] A New Beginning

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

Well done on your new camera - the quality is very good. I'm feeling slightly outdone with my D3300, but it's only 6 months old anyway, no need to replace for a good few years.

This is a very interesting photo thread from someone other than myself as well - there are only hills buses photographed :P

After you get used to your camera I'd suggest to start trying to use some manual settings (if you haven't already) - especially the shutter speed, as it insures there will be no motion blur.

PS: Nothing wrong with a 37 degreee day, better than 17 IMO :)
Last edited by Lt. Commander Data on Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

The last photo of the two CB80s sitting in the Franklin St yard is interesting, as at least it means that they won't be used for a few hours at least. However, being ones from around 2011, they're a tiny bit less dull compared to the crap entering service today.

Is there any form of security down there? It reminds me of the days when stabling yards at various places in Adelaide had no fencing or anything. Just like your average driveway with the car parked out the front.

I wish they'd put the last 3 numbers on each unit using a row of number stickers, and then added the 3 individually in a less faded form. It'd look a bit better in my opinion. I'm not sure why Southlink still have the original numbers shown on the CR224Ls, but it's not a bad thing in my opinion.
Lt. Commander Data

There is no security at Franklin Street holding yard - anyone is free to wonder around it. It is located just Weat of the Central Bus Station between Franklin and Grote Streets.

And for the record, the yellow CB80s in the Hills are the slowest - nothing good about them. Seeing them both parked up is good, but it looks like 3227 was just on a break, as in another photo it is shown driving down Currie Street.
Hawkeye
Favourite Vehicle: Any well designed bus!

Post by Hawkeye »

Lt. Commander Data wrote:There is no security at Franklin Street holding yard - anyone is free to wonder around it. It is located just Weat of the Central Bus Station between Franklin and Grote Streets.

And for the record, the yellow CB80s in the Hills are the slowest - nothing good about them. Seeing them both parked up is good, but it looks like 3227 was just on a break, as in another photo it is shown driving down Currie Street.
Correct, there is no security at the parking area off of Franklin St. As Data said, anyone is free to walk in and out. Most drivers are inside the Central Bus Station (or the air conditioned rear comfort of their bus), having a break anyway.

Heads up Data, more Hills buses coming your way soon ;)
LocoLes
Favourite Vehicle: CAC Bedford 1957-60

Post by LocoLes »

[quote="Lt. Commander Data"]Well done on your new camera - the quality is very good. I'm feeling slightly outdone with my D3300, but it's only 6 months old anyway, no need to replace for a good few years.

After you get used to your camera I'd suggest to start trying to use some manual settings (if you haven't already) - especially the shitter speed, as it insures there will be no motion blur.

Just worked out the line above re speed type and motion!
Loco Les. :lol:
Last edited by LocoLes on Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loco Les
Lt. Commander Data

Ah, apologies for that typo. "Shitter" was meant to say "shutter". Apologies once again if anyone was offended by that, it was most certainly not my intention.

Return to “Photos - Adelaide/SA”