Quiet Hour at Noarlunga

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Hawkeye
Favourite Vehicle: Any well designed bus!

Quiet Hour at Noarlunga

Post by Hawkeye »

What's better to do than take pictures at one of your local interchanges? That's right, nothing! :mrgreen:

On this cold, wet and windy day, I didn't think I would see sun at all. But hey, the sun came out eventually. So, I took this opportunity and headed down south to Noarlunga. It might have still been very windy, but it was worth it. I must say, the exit/entry to the Noarlunga Centre Int is quite a good spot for taking photos (in my opinion at least). It was quiet, but still a reasonable amount of buses came through. Some friendly smiles, and some waves from many of the SL drivers. As you will notice, more than half of these shots are of MAN 18.280's. They are quite a regular occurrence here down south, with a large number of them based at Lonsdale depot. Anyhow, hope you enjoy the few I share :)

Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Re: Quiet Hour at Noarlunga

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

Nice shots Hawkeye. A few comments, if I may...
Hawkeye wrote:What's better to do than take pictures at one of your local interchanges? That's right, nothing! :mrgreen:
I can neither agree nor disagree with you here; I have never experienced the pleasure of having a local interchage. Mt Barker Dumas St Park'n'Ride doesn'y count, even if it has an interchange map, so Blackwood is my closest. Even at peak hour, there are very few buses passing through. On a weekend or public holiday you can forget it completely.
Hawkeye wrote:On this cold, wet and windy day, I didn't think I would see sun at all. But hey, the sun came out eventually. So, I took this opportunity and headed down south to Noarlunga. It might have still been very windy, but it was worth it. I must say, the exit/entry to the Noarlunga Centre Int is quite a good spot for taking photos (in my opinion at least).
I will agree with that statement: the entry to the interchange does seem to be a good spot to take photos.
Hawkeye wrote:It was quiet, but still a reasonable amount of buses came through. Some friendly smiles, and some waves from many of the SL drivers. As you will notice, more than half of these shots are of MAN 18.280's. They are quite a regular occurrence here down south, with a large number of them based at Lonsdale depot. Anyhow, hope you enjoy the few I share :)
Hm. Looking at the Noarlunga departures, it seems a bus leaves every 7mins max, on a Sunday. That's not including arrivals. Then I go over and look at Stirling (I have been known to refer to it as an "interchange". Where else does one change for an 865? (don't answer that)), a bus leaves on a 15/45 pattern, unless you count the pointless 3-hourly 865C.

Now for a few comments on the buses themselves (you can tell I have too much time):

2735 certainly looks smart with an LED desto, much like 2703 does. For some reason I like the LED destos on older buses (let's say pre-2005), but anything newer I prefer flipdot destos. Although anything has to be better than a Southport desto... :evil:

2416's desto looks silly, it's all scrunched up in small letters, but the number is in bold. Strange how there's no uniformity, even in the same company. For example, the 822 desto has a scrunched up number, but big, bold letters.

2576's desto is a bit misleading, isn't it? The 725 doesn't go to the City, and hasn't for a good few years now. Only the 725F goes to the City. Maybe it would be better if it said comething like the 834, i.e "Old Reynella // via Acre Ave *scroll* Old Reynella // connect 721 City?" Still, could be worse. It could be like the 837 desto which is "Mt Barker // connect *scroll* City // Service." So for however long each scroll goes for, it says "City Service", which is most certainly is not.

Still nice photos, I look forward to your future posts. :)
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868
Hawkeye
Favourite Vehicle: Any well designed bus!

Post by Hawkeye »

Lt. Commander Data wrote:Nice shots Hawkeye. A few comments, if I may...

........................................... (Many interesting things said here :P)

Still nice photos, I look forward to your future posts. :)
Thanks for the feedback and various comments about my post!

In regards to the amount of buses at Noarlunga, I'll give you a little more info...
I was there for about 25-30min, and I shared with you about half of my shots. So that should give a rough idea on how many there are on a Sunday arvo.

Moving onto the desto of 2735 (and 2703), I too agree that it suits those buses quite well. Can't see anything to complain about there ;)

Finally, in regards to the 725 being operated by 2576. Indeed it is a bit misleading, I've noticed that with a few desto's as of late.
And, the 725F hasn't been around for a while now. It is now simply an Old Reynella - Noarlunga / Noarlunga - Old Reynella route (725/limited 725A).
howlerbus
Favourite Vehicle: Diesel Buses

Post by howlerbus »

The 722 and 725 feeders have for many years said City or even City/Marion as they connect with buses that do go to the City, I guess this is to distinguish from the 722A and 725A which have no onward connection
You got a real flash bus, but my one's flash one, eh
And I believe that my one's faster than yours, Mr Bond
'Cause mine's a red one'

Return to “Photos - Adelaide/SA”