3376 & soon to be 3375 + Mile End Depot Photo

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
The Modeller

3376 & soon to be 3375 + Mile End Depot Photo

Post by The Modeller »

3376 and soon to be 3375 still with Elizabeth fleet number.
Also a photo op with some new buses at Mile End Depot.
Attachments
010.JPG
010.JPG (156.38 KiB) Viewed 1905 times
006.JPG
006.JPG (221.27 KiB) Viewed 1911 times
005.JPG
005.JPG (178.1 KiB) Viewed 1911 times
001.JPG
001.JPG (249.04 KiB) Viewed 1905 times
jibb

Re: 3376 & soon to be 3375 + Mile End Depot Photo

Post by jibb »

Wonder what Torrens Transit will do when all these TNSW buses are transferred to Sydney to its Sydney operation(even though when this happens the B1 won't be operating?).
Eagle Eye

Post by Eagle Eye »

SPEC-
IAL

Really? :shock:

NIS – who from Joe Public knows what that means?

The reversing camera is also lower on these than other Scanias/Ivecos/TNSW buses I've seen so far which have them at the top of the bus.

They all look really smart lined up side by side! 8)
busrider
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...

Post by busrider »

One would assume that the destos shown on the Ivecos are just Mobitec default desto files, and will be updated in due course...
CB80
Favourite Vehicle: Leyland Tiger

Post by CB80 »

By using title case you can fit "Not In Service" and "Special" on one line on the rear signs.

Yes I know the images below are an LED sign, but the dimensions of the mobitec flipdot and LED rear route number only signs are the same.
NIS.png
NIS.png (1.87 KiB) Viewed 1737 times
special.png
special.png (1.75 KiB) Viewed 1736 times
Mr OC Benz
Favourite Vehicle: Anything German

Post by Mr OC Benz »

I think Torrens Transit might have the same syndrome as Swan Transit in which they seem to refrain from using lower case letters in their destinations!

Heck load of new buses there too. Any idea how many of those IVECOs are in Adelaide right now?
CB80

Post by CB80 »

Mr OC Benz wrote:I think Torrens Transit might have the same syndrome as Swan Transit in which they seem to refrain from using lower case letters in their destinations!
MIght even be the same person that does them?
Eagle Eye

Post by Eagle Eye »

Mr OC Benz wrote:I think Torrens Transit might have the same syndrome as Swan Transit in which they seem to refrain from using lower case letters in their destinations!
In fact it's generally the opposite. The extreme majority (if not 100%) of destinations on Torrens Transit LED displays are in title case. Older flip dot destos can only display capital letters as that is all they are designed to show. In Adelaide only SouthLink use capitals for NOT IN SERVICE and CITY on LED displays while all other companies use title case.
Douglas
Favourite Vehicle: Denning Landseer

Post by Douglas »

Eagle Eye wrote:
In fact it's generally the opposite. The extreme majority (if not 100%) of destinations on Torrens Transit LED displays are in title case. Older flip dot destos can only display capital letters as that is all they are designed to show. In Adelaide only SouthLink use capitals for NOT IN SERVICE and CITY on LED displays while all other companies use title case.
Yes, this is correct. Southlink also seem to use a different fontset to Torrens and Transfield on their Alcatel\Southport destos as well if I'm not mistaken.

You will probably also find that the reason that the rear destos on the Ivecos display NIS instead of Not In Service and Special the way they do is to do with the fact that the Mobitecs don't seem to have the same font support that can be found in the Hanovers, which have all kinds of weird and wonderful fonts that will let you write Not In Service on such a small display.
Douglas, Professional Nerd, At Your Service.
CB80

Post by CB80 »

Douglas wrote:You will probably also find that the reason that the rear destos on the Ivecos display NIS instead of Not In Service and Special the way they do is to do with the fact that the Mobitecs don't seem to have the same font support that can be found in the Hanovers, which have all kinds of weird and wonderful fonts that will let you write Not In Service on such a small display.
I posted mock-ups above which were done in the Mobitec sign editor (MIE), and the Not in Service one is used on these Mobitec displays in Melbourne.
Douglas
Favourite Vehicle: Denning Landseer

Post by Douglas »

CB80 wrote:
Douglas wrote:You will probably also find that the reason that the rear destos on the Ivecos display NIS instead of Not In Service and Special the way they do is to do with the fact that the Mobitecs don't seem to have the same font support that can be found in the Hanovers, which have all kinds of weird and wonderful fonts that will let you write Not In Service on such a small display.
I posted mock-ups above which were done in the Mobitec sign editor (MIE), and the Not in Service one is used on these Mobitec displays in Melbourne.
Two possible options:

One, Torrens are lazy and didn't want to use the whole thing. Most likely, they probably wanted them done quickly.
Two, the font is not available for flipdots (flipdots are larger than LEDs, and small text on flipdots looks butt ugly and can be difficult to read - see Not In Service written on the Hanover side destos here)
Douglas, Professional Nerd, At Your Service.
CB80

Post by CB80 »

Douglas wrote:Two, the font is not available for flipdots (flipdots are larger than LEDs, and small text on flipdots looks butt ugly and can be difficult to read - see Not In Service written on the Hanover side destos here)
No it's fine, I've used it a lot on the flipdots I've done.
Hull Depot Approver
Favourite Vehicle: AdMet Scania CB60/80 Artic's

Post by Hull Depot Approver »

Its all to do with people who suffer with dyslexia !!! Over here in the UK we have to have lower case now and the letters have to be a certain size to be DDA compliant. People who suffer with dyslexia struggle to read capital letters when a whole word is made up of them !
Calling from Kingston upon Hull in the UK so I am 10 1/2 hours behind Adelaide !

Formerly Paul From Hull

Return to “Photos - Adelaide/SA”