Atkinson Bus - Klemzig SA

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Tas Bus Nut
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O303

Atkinson Bus - Klemzig SA

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

With the influx of historic photos being posted recently, I thought I'd go through some of the old photos I purchased off eBay.
Unfortunately, I don't have the location of the photos (or can't find them) so I'll trust those in the know, will assist. :wink:
After "googling" Klemzig, I found it was in S.A., so hence I've posted the bus here :mrgreen: Don't know the operator. :oops:

TT
Favourite Vehicle: Anything without SCANIA badge.

Re: Atkinson Bus - Klemzig SA

Post by TT »

The SA number plate (all numbers, pre 1967) would have saved you the google search. The 449xx number plate would put it in the early 60s, the bus certainly doesn't look familiar to me though I was a bit young then.
Thanks for the photo, any old SA stuff is great.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Looks like a Syd Wood bodied bus similar to the one in this photo http://www.busaustralia.com/gallery/dis ... ?pos=-5659
Living in the Shire.
paulgersche

Post by paulgersche »

That would be one of the Slattery's vehicles that operated from their depot behind their house in Marian Road, South Payneham.

Regards,

Paul
paulgersche

Post by paulgersche »

I should have added that I have seen a colour photo on the board elsewhere of this bus's sister (SA449.552) taken at the Victoria Square Terminus of the Klemzig route.

Paul

Return to “Photos - Adelaide/SA”