Local Westside Buses, Ipswich

Moderator: PRT 065

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Sydney_Buses_CB60
Favourite Vehicle: STA Volvo B12BLE CB60 #1504(F)

Local Westside Buses, Ipswich

Post by Sydney_Buses_CB60 »

Hi all!

This morning I got my first good photos of Buses in Ipswich. For the people who don't know what company operates the bus services in Ipswich, here's the answer - Westside (Which I think is part of or owned by Bus Queensland, like Park Ridge Transit - Correct me if I'm wrong but please don't be Einstein about it)

Anyway, here they are, and I also put in the photo of not the same quality in of the first bus I saw in Ipswich this year. :lol:

P.S: As I was walking to the bus stop, a Westside Buslines Scania K230UB* with Custom Coaches CB60 Evo II bodywork on a route 503 to Bundamba caught me off guard, so I didn't get a photo of it. :(

*Checked Bus Queensland - Ipswich on Australian Bus Fleet Lists to see the chassis type as I knew it was a Scania but was unsure of the actual chassis model.

Enjoy!

Thanks,

Sydney_Buses_CB60
Attachments
Raceview Street at Rockman Drive Bus Stop Sign with Westside 39 approaching in the background on a route 503 to Riverlink.
Raceview Street at Rockman Drive Bus Stop Sign with Westside 39 approaching in the background on a route 503 to Riverlink.
IMG_1481.JPG (189.34 KiB) Viewed 32521 times
Westside 39, a Scania K230UB with Bustech VST bodywork performing a route 503 to Riverlink
Westside 39, a Scania K230UB with Bustech VST bodywork performing a route 503 to Riverlink
IMG_1482.JPG (142.64 KiB) Viewed 32521 times
Westside Volvo B7RLE with Volgren CR228L bodywork is 89, performing a route 509 to Riverlink
Westside Volvo B7RLE with Volgren CR228L bodywork is 89, performing a route 509 to Riverlink
IMG_1483.JPG (157.2 KiB) Viewed 32521 times
Am adding this because I think it's a nice little touch - TRANSLink is engraved AND coloured on into the metal seat at the bus stop. Impressive!
Am adding this because I think it's a nice little touch - TRANSLink is engraved AND coloured on into the metal seat at the bus stop. Impressive!
IMG_1480.JPG (136.54 KiB) Viewed 32521 times
Westside Scania K94UB with Bustech VST bodywork is 32 on a route 500 to Goodna Station on Brisbane Road
Westside Scania K94UB with Bustech VST bodywork is 32 on a route 500 to Goodna Station on Brisbane Road
IMG_1479.JPG (118.33 KiB) Viewed 32521 times
The One & Only
Hawkeye
Favourite Vehicle: Any well designed bus!

Re: Local Westside Buses, Ipswich

Post by Hawkeye »

Not too bad for a 'newbie' at the job! You're getting there :D

Nice weather up there, if only it was like that here in Adelaide right now...
You can certainly tell that road has been freshly resurfaced. What camera/phone are you using to take your shots?

Overall, nice shots. I like that feature in the bus seat too, not something you see here either. Keep it up! :mrgreen:
Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

Can already see the improvement, Sydney_Buses_CB60, keep it up.
Hawkeye wrote: Nice weather up there, if only it was like that here in Adelaide right now...
Haha No. we finally have nice weather today. You'll be glad to know that the forecast 40 for the weekend is only in the high 30s now though.
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Lt. Commander Data wrote:Haha No. we finally have nice weather today. You'll be glad to know that the forecast 40 for the weekend is only in the high 30s now though.
Nope, still 41 degrees forecasted for tomorrow ahaha, see here :P
Sydney_Buses_CB60
Favourite Vehicle: STA Volvo B12BLE CB60 #1504(F)

Post by Sydney_Buses_CB60 »

Thank you for the encouragement!
Hawkeye wrote:What camera/phone are you using to take your shots?
I'm currently switching between my iPad (If you meant exact type it's an iPad Air 2) and my small digital camera but I don't know what type it is though, but I'm not that fussed about it apart from the fact it fits in a backpack or suitcase in it's small case easily. I'm working towards a good professional photography camera, preferably a Nikon or Canon model because the iPad takes good photos until you zoom in, then the photos turn out horrible because they're either pixelated or blurry or worse, both, and it just doesn't know how to get good lighting in a photo sometimes which is really irritating and the camera just can't take photos quick enough or it blurs photos when you zoom in which is also irritating. I prefer the iPad though, currently because I can easily upload the photos to the ATDB & Instagram and etc. and I can track the buses as well about 80% of the time...
Lt. Commander Data wrote:
Hawkeye wrote: Nice weather up there, if only it was like that here in Adelaide right now...
Haha No. we finally have nice weather today. You'll be glad to know that the forecast 40 for the weekend is only in the high 30s now though.
It was actually overcast and briefly sprinkled yesterday and on Wednesday, it was overcast and my iPad got the lighting horribly wrong as it looked like it was dusk when it was bright but overcast. Then they predicted rain today. Not a single day in Ipswich where there's been clear skies. At least it hasn't decided to be the outback and roast us with sizzling temperatures...

Tomorrow I'm going to go to Ipswich Bell Street, which is the big Bus Interchange in Ipswich, apart from Riverlink & the Ipswich Hospital, and I'm going to take photos of the buses there for a bit and because it's literally directly above Ipswich Train Station, so I'm going to get on the train from there to either Milton or Roma Street before going to Suncorp Stadium, or, as I think it's nicknamed, 'Sunburnt Stadium' ( :lol: ) to watch the Soccer, then I might be able to get some photos of Brisbane Transport Buses. I'm not sure when, but I'm going to try and get back on some buses from Logan and get some photos.

:) :wink:

Thanks,

Sydney_Buses_CB60
The One & Only
Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

If you're planning on purchasing a professional camera, definitely make sure you shop around to find the cheapest one. I've saved around $500 on my camera and lens by simplify shopping around and waiting for sales. Read lots of reviews as well to make sure you're getting one that will suit your needs, remember your photogrpahy may branch out over time. I would also recommended an SLR camera, most are these days, but just check to make sure.

I started on an Olympus VG-160, which was ok, but not that good. I then started using my parents' old Kodak DX7590 Zoom, which was a big improvement on quality but had a very slow shutter and zoomed slow as well. Then, about 7 months ago, I purchased my very own DSLR camera, a Nikon D3300. It's 100 times better than what I was using before, and my photo quality improved yet again. And just yesterday, my Christmas present finally arrived, a Tamron 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD Lens. I haven't used it much yet, but I am predicting another increase in photo quality from the few I've taken.

So always remember that over time, you can improve your equipment, but it's always the technique that will make good photos. You could have the best camera and lens available on the market, but if you have no technique you'd still have bad photos. Technique comes with practice, so the more you're out and about taking photos, the better they'll get.

Happy snapping :)
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

I recently got myself a D3400 just prior to Christmas. Great quality difference between that and my previous camera (just browse through my Flickr, you'll see what I mean) :P
Like Data said - when looking to buy a camera, look around. Don't just go to one place and have your heart set on that one. You never know, you could have missed a great deal elsewhere..

Technique is something you need. A quick example - have a variety of backgrounds. Meaning, don't go and stand at the same intersection corner, every day you go out and take pics ahaha :lol:

Anyhow, best of luck! Hope to see many of your shots in the future, and to see your skills and techniques build into something great overtime.. :D
James00
Favourite Vehicle: Bustech VST

Post by James00 »

Sydney_Buses_CB60 wrote:
P.S: As I was walking to the bus stop, a Westside Buslines Scania K230UB* with Custom Coaches CB60 Evo II bodywork on a route 503 to Bundamba caught me off guard, so I didn't get a photo of it. :(

*Checked Bus Queensland - Ipswich on Australian Bus Fleet Lists to see the chassis type as I knew it was a Scania but was unsure of the actual chassis model.

Enjoy!

Thanks,

Sydney_Buses_CB60
To be precise the bus you saw today was fleet #88 :) Oh and the last pic is #33 not #32.

Always good to see Ipswich pics on here.

Return to “Photos - Brisbane/Qld”