- Original wooden trestle bridge with some of the concrete pillars in place for the new steel girder bridges.The replacement of the old wooden approach bridges to the Sadliers Crossing Railway Bridge over the Bremer River took place over the Labor Day long weekend.
The western end was completed previously.
During Saturday the old wooden bridges were removed and on Sunday morning the new steel bridges were in place and the track able to be reinstated.
- SadliersCrossingEApprotrestlebridge1.JPG (221.24 KiB) Viewed 17141 times
- Wooden supports still in place after the wooden bridge deck had been removed.
- SadliersCrossingEApprotrestlebridgetrestlesstillinplace30320162.JPG (290.69 KiB) Viewed 17141 times
- Deck attached to the crane while bolts and timber are cut and the deck is prepared to be removed from the supports.
- SadliersCrossingEApprotrestlebridgepreparingtoliftdeck30320163.JPG (236.06 KiB) Viewed 17141 times
- The lifted timber decks had to be hoisted over and avoiding the power wires, which were moved aside, to enable the decks to be lifted vertically and lowered onto trucks in the road below for removal.
- SadliersCrossingEApprotrestlebridgedeckintheair30320164.JPG (183.56 KiB) Viewed 17141 times
- Loading the wooden decks on to the truck.
- SadliersCrossingEApprotrestlebridgeloadingtruck30320165.JPG (292.23 KiB) Viewed 17141 times
- Decks all removed Saturday afternoon
- SadliersCrossingEApprotrestlebridgedeckremovalalmostcomplete30320166.JPG (201.24 KiB) Viewed 17141 times
- Sunday morning the new steel girder bridges in place and some track laid and showing the new fibreglass composite sleepers ready for the rails
- SadliersCrossingEApprotrestlebridgeFibreglasscompositesleepers1520167.JPG (236.49 KiB) Viewed 17141 times
- A view of the installed bridges showing the new steel spans with walkways and handrails for the railway maintenance personnel
- SadliersCrossingEApprotrestlebridgerelayingtrack1520168.JPG (240.7 KiB) Viewed 17141 times
- View of the new bridges from the road
- SadliersCrossingEApprotrestlebridgeviewstreet1520169.JPG (225.89 KiB) Viewed 17141 times