2013 QOCS Bus & Coach Show

Moderator: PRT 065

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Hornibrook

2013 QOCS Bus & Coach Show

Post by Hornibrook »

Hi all,

Last weekend, QOCS conducted the annual Bus & Coach Show in conjunction with the HCVAQ's show at the Gatton Showgrounds on Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th September.

There were a number of buses displayed across the event and below are some photos depicting this. Notable absents from the photos which I took on Sunday were two of the Haidley's restored Hino coaches, which Cameron and his sons Mitchell and Haydon brought down on Saturday only.

First up we have club member Fred Clark's Domino Hedges bodied Bedford BLP2, regularly seen at our events.

Next we have a newcomer to the show scene in Queensland - Jimmy Hill's 1917 GMC which was quite impressive to see. Also on display was one of Jimmy's recent purchases for his Gatton Bus Service operation; a 2010 King Long bodied Hino RN8J ex WA.

Barry Rothery made the trip down from Rockhampton to partake in the event with his 1983 Mercedes Benz OC1617 which is currently looked after by us in Brisbane. Barry is seen here driving it around the circuit.

The Thompsons and the Websters both brought displays, with these two Denning bodied vehicles (albeit one a Denning Manufacturing Phoenix) seen here side by side. Interestingly, KBL 11 was the first, ever Denning Phoenix built.

One of my favourite vehicles in the fleet is the Volvo B58 from Buslink which unfortunately now needs quite a severe clean to rid its white body of the red dust which swirled across it throughout the weekend.

And finally, Barrie Watt brought two of his buses to the event. His father Sherriff built both of these in 1942 and 1963 respectively - with the latter ironically new to the Gatton Agricultural College, where it operated for 30 years.

Enjoy!
andyr

Re: 2013 QOCS Bus & Coach Show

Post by andyr »

Interesting....

I have photos of the 1917 GMC with "Dohertys Coachlines" on the side when it was on display at the Australian Motorlife Museum (September 2012).

Who was the original owner?
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Re: 2013 QOCS Bus & Coach Show

Post by boronia »

That "bus" has been around for a few years now. It may have been in Queensland originally, many years ago.

I suspect it may be a replica body on a truck chassis, with no real provenance.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.

Return to “Photos - Brisbane/Qld”