A a look back at Skennar's

Moderator: PRT 065

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Bedford-29

Re: A a look back at Skennar's

Post by Bedford-29 »

Yep and he has a few threads on facebook if you want to have a natter.
Previoulsy known as United Diesel 15
geoffa

Post by geoffa »

Maladjusted wrote:I wonder where that "Ode to the Eagle" came from?
Was obviously from Inside with alot of local knowledge and naming identities.

When Clarrie did go out west for the last time, I had more involvement with him then with his worn out Greyhound Volvo Volgrens, gearboxes and motors aplenty. A mate visited my part of the dealership workshop at Rocklea one night and next day went & saw Clarrie about entering the industry, landed a job straight away driving for him (and still steering now) turnaround Toowoomba.

Previously he was a Driving Examiner and reckoned brakes were obviously an optional accessory on the old Denning, said it was good having the slope at Minden range coming east. Because that is the first Clarries' favourite used to slow down after coming down the Tollbar road out of Toowoomba.
I found it handwritten on a scrap of paper on the wall in the workshop in Dogget Street in the 1980's. I typed it out sometime in the late 1990's or early 2000's and have posted it on various websites and forums.
geoffa

Post by geoffa »

Through the kindness and generosity of Sharon Wood I now have this photo of 'Au Revoir' from NFS.
Attachments
Au Revoir - Copy.jpg

Return to “Photos - Brisbane/Qld”