Ventura - Mercedes

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
venturatiger

Ventura - Mercedes

Post by venturatiger »

burrumbus

Re: Ventura - Mercedes

Post by burrumbus »

Thanks Mick.Why the change ??
V981
Favourite Vehicle: Anything Volvo

Post by V981 »

burrumbus wrote:Thanks Mick.Why the change ??
I believe some concerns have been raised about the reliability of some of the older Volvo B7RLE vehicles, some of which have required major engine overhauls at less than the 500,000km mark. These 5 Mercedes buses are initially a trial purchase and they are being monitored to see how they perform. There is a possibility that Mercedes will become more prominent in the Ventura fleet in future if they meet the standards Ventura are looking for.
The views expressed by me are mine and mine only. They do not neccesarily fall in line with the views of my friends, family, collegues or my employer.
maxy54

Post by maxy54 »

V981 wrote:
I believe some concerns have been raised about the reliability of some of the older Volvo B7RLE vehicles, some of which have required major engine overhauls at less than the 500,000km mark. These 5 Mercedes buses are initially a trial purchase and they are being monitored to see how they perform. There is a possibility that Mercedes will become more prominent in the Ventura fleet in future if they meet the standards Ventura are looking for.
And also maybe due to the fact the B7RLE’s are ceasing production at the end of the year
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

V981 wrote:
I believe some concerns have been raised about the reliability of some of the older Volvo B7RLE vehicles, some of which have required major engine overhauls at less than the 500,000km mark.
Is it any surprise these engines with small capacity and high turbo boost burn themselves out so quickly?
They don't learn the lessons of low stress large engines of the past.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
scott

Post by scott »

Today I travelled on one of Ventura's new B8RLE's #1365 delivered this year. It is the first time I have travelled on a Volvo B8, very impressive, they go like the clappers, more like B12BLE type performance, the D8 engine seems to have addressed the sluggishness issues drivers have found with the B7.

I am sure fuel consumption will be a lot better. Now the B8RLE and Scania K310UB seem to been on a much more level playing field, performance is quite similar. I commented to the driver and he said he was amazed with the performance too.
Last edited by scott on Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leyland B21
Favourite Vehicle: Former Perth B21 /#32

Post by Leyland B21 »

scott wrote:Today I travelled on one of Ventura's new B8RLE's #1165 delivered this year. It is the first time I have travelled on a Volvo B8, very impressive, they go like the clappers, more like B12BLE type performance, the D8 engine seems to have addressed the sluggishness issues drivers have found with the B7.

I am sure fuel consumption will be a lot better. Now the B8RLE and Scania K310UB seem to been on a much more level playing field, performance is quite similar. I commented to the driver and he said he was amazed with the performance too.
You might want to recheck the fleet number

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
You can take the boy out of Armadale W.A but you cant take Armadale out of the boy!!!
scott

Post by scott »

Oops, brain fart. Fixed, apologies to all.

Return to “Photos - Melbourne/Vic”