Australian Pacific Mercedes-Benz

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
LocoLes
Favourite Vehicle: CAC Bedford 1957-60

Australian Pacific Mercedes-Benz

Post by LocoLes »

I photographed this immaculate Australian Pacific Denning bodied Mercedes-Benz coach [No.50] at Adelaide Airport c.1990's in the car park awaiting its' passengers from an arriving aircraft. Registration is either [VIC] COG or CDG or CQG-435. Australian Pacific's livery indicates the coach operated Tasmania-Perth-Darwin-Cairns Holiday Tours and their slogan 'We Care More' by the forward wheel.

Loco Les
http://www.busaustralia.com/gallery/dis ... pos=-17959
Loco Les
Denv12

Re: Australian Pacific Mercedes-Benz

Post by Denv12 »

LocoLes wrote:I photographed this immaculate Australian Pacific Denning bodied Mercedes-Benz coach [No.50] at Adelaide Airport c.1990's in the car park awaiting its' passengers from an arriving aircraft. Registration is either [VIC] COG or CDG or CQG-435. Australian Pacific's livery indicates the coach operated Tasmania-Perth-Darwin-Cairns Holiday Tours and their slogan 'We Care More' by the forward wheel.

Loco Les
Great photo,LocoLes.
Looks more like a Denning Landseer bodied 0303/3 as opposed to Austral Pacific. I was visiting the Brisbane factory in 1986 when they were building a batch of their coaches.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

It would be a Landseer body with a MB factory front
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
LocoLes
Favourite Vehicle: CAC Bedford 1957-60

Post by LocoLes »

Denv12 wrote:
LocoLes wrote:I photographed this immaculate Australian Pacific Denning bodied Mercedes-Benz coach [No.50] at Adelaide Airport c.1990's in the car park awaiting its' passengers from an arriving aircraft. Registration is either [VIC] COG or CDG or CQG-435. Australian Pacific's livery indicates the coach operated Tasmania-Perth-Darwin-Cairns Holiday Tours and their slogan 'We Care More' by the forward wheel.

Loco Les
Great photo,LocoLes.
Looks more like a Denning Landseer bodied 0303/3 as opposed to Austral Pacific. I was visiting the Brisbane factory in 1986 when they were building a batch of their coaches.

Thank you Denv12 for your reply.............The reference above [Australian Pacific] was referring to the owner of the coach and not the body builder. :D

Loco Les
Loco Les
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

As well as extended holiday tours, AP also operated "day tours" in many of those cities, using those buses.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Denv12

Post by Denv12 »

Sorry Locoles. I read it wrong.I was out by a few letters.
CCCC
Favourite Vehicle: Silvereagle and Scenicruiser

Post by CCCC »

Denv12 wrote:Sorry Locoles. I read it wrong.I was out by a few letters.
Yep did the same .

Return to “Photos - Melbourne/Vic”