Various buses in Melbourne. 2/11/16

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Re: Various buses in Melbourne. 2/11/16

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

Nice shots. That one of the L94/CR222L (#375) is funny becuase I can picture Adelaie's ex-Melbourne L94/CR222L #1385 doing Adeailde's 232 as well.
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868
Alstom 888M

Post by Alstom 888M »

Lt. Commander Data wrote:Nice shots. That one of the L94/CR222L (#375) is funny becuase I can picture Adelaie's ex-Melbourne L94/CR222L #1385 doing Adeailde's 232 as well.
That bus was once #352 of the same fleet (of the previous contract operator).
All my posts on this board represents my personal views and opinions only. They may not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or values of those of my family, friends, colleagues, or employer.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

I thought the City sightseeing wrapped up in Melbourne years ago. Who are behind this incarnation? Can't find info about them in the Fleet lists.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Mitch
Favourite Vehicle: VH-VUB

Post by Mitch »

FTW Group own and run the City Sightseeing operations in Melbourne. Small Maltese family run business. They also own a heavy haulage and towing business as well.

If I recall correctly, and I'm probably wrong, they keep their buses in Truganina where their heavy haulage depot is. Although I have seen them out at the Skylight depot on Mickleham Road in Greenvale.

Thanks,
Mitchul :)
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Swift wrote:I thought the City sightseeing wrapped up in Melbourne years ago. Who are behind this incarnation? Can't find info about them in the Fleet lists.
A bit od searching will find various threads on this subject including http://www.busaustralia.com/forum/viewt ... ne#p967107
Another photo http://www.busaustralia.com/gallery/dis ... pos=-15458
Also do afleet list search for rego 9353AO as an example
Living in the Shire.
burrumbus

Post by burrumbus »

After a slow start to operations the Melbourne City Sightseeing Pty.Ltd business is going okay now with reasonable loadings,paticularly in summer time and when cruise ships are in town.
The vehicle presentation remains extremely good.
Cheers.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

It's exciting to see ex London Titans finding a use here (and those mirrors certainly look interesting on a Titan! ). The Maltese like their British commercial vehicles, so it goes some way to explain a choice of bus others would not likely consider. I'm glad they have found a way to run them viably. They are somewhat notorious for being complicated to work on. The Olympian is effectively a much simpler version of the Titan. This also appears to represent the first use of a Leyland Olympian in Australia.
Am I reading right that the build dates of the Titan fleet are listed as being from 1988? The last batch of LT Titans were built in 1984 I believe.

Great to hear they are attracting decent patronage this time around and I like the roof add on to overcome the ban on open toppers in Melbourne.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.

Return to “Photos - Melbourne/Vic”