Ventura Scania/Volgren in 2013 (from Jeff)

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Roderick Smith

Ventura Scania/Volgren in 2013 (from Jeff)

Post by Roderick Smith »

Canterbury Rd, Canterbury (Melbourne, Vic.): Ventura 810, working a train-replacement service. Sat.27.7.13. (Jeff Bounds)
The 1969 grade-separation bridge, and the former Malone's Hotel, are in the distance.
From Australian Bus Fleet Lists: 810, 2620AO, Scania L113CRL, Volgren CR221L, built Dec.1997, seating B40DW.
At Camberwell, buses pull up in Cookson St, facing west. They go round the block via Burke Rd & Prospect Hill Rd to reach Canterbury Rd. I don't what express buses do after Union Rd. Stopping ones wiggle up Windsor Cres to serve Surrey Hills, then I guess Leopold Cres, but I suspect not past Mont Albert station: only Mont Albert Rd. I am not sure where they halt at Box Hill. I gather that they don't use the so-called bus interchange, but pedestrianisation and one-way roads don't leave much choice. Airport buses and Nightrider stay in Whitehorse Rd. Whatever the route, Metro has a policy of having trains not connect: trains leave on path, and bus people have to wait for up to 30 min. The buses are usually inadequate for capacity, and Metro keeps waving the fares & ticketing manual 'no bikes, no surfboards, no animals', although all three are allowed on the trains which the buses are supposedly replacing.

Roderick B Smith
(retired Rail News Victoria Editor)
Attachments
130727Sa-CanterburyRdCanterbury-railreplacementbus-Ventura810-JBounds-sss.jpg
130727Sa-CanterburyRdCanterbury-railreplacementbus-Ventura810-JBounds-sss.jpg (210.57 KiB) Viewed 2004 times
130727Sa-a-CanterburyRdCanterbury-railreplacementbus-Ventura810-JBounds-sss.jpg
130727Sa-a-CanterburyRdCanterbury-railreplacementbus-Ventura810-JBounds-sss.jpg (228.95 KiB) Viewed 2004 times

Return to “Photos - Melbourne/Vic”