On My Selection

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
krustyklo

On My Selection

Post by krustyklo »

Trying to find when I last posted a photo collection, my user post list suggests December 2013! Clearly it's been a while, so as a nice change (for me and probably you) from ranting in the Melbourne Discussion forum, here is a random selection of photos. I don't take as many nowadays after starting an intensive job just over 3 years ago, but here's a few of the ones I have managed to take...
Transdev 8363 passes houses being constructed next to Gorge Rd, South Morang, whilst on route 901 to Frankston. The problem with routes like this is they often pass through areas being developed, which is good longer term for people not needing to buy a second (or even first) car who will instead use the PT network, but no so good for PT / Treasury bean counters whose job requires / rewards them for short term benefits which don't include losses on providing bus services with / before development. Some private companies seemed to be a lot better at this in the past - a 1974 timetable for the 566 and 568 (https://sites.google.com/site/melbbustt ... -timetable) through the developing housing estates of Apollo Parkways and Watsonia North shows an adequate service through areas which would have been not too dissimilar to the photo above.

Transdev 8624 on route 901 to Melbourne Airport passes an old house on Kurrak Rd, Plenty.

Dysons 320 in Yan Yean Rd, Plenty heading south towards Greensborough on route 520.

Transdev 617 operates a route 295 to The Pines north along Church Rd, Templestowe. This route would have disappeared in the proposed Transdev changes killed off today by the Victorian government, with the replacement route going to Box Hill.

Transdev 750 heads south along Victoria St on a route 295 to Doncaster Shoppingtown. This bus is still in the original National Bus colours despite most of it's contemporaries being vinyled in PTV orange and white, as was 751 and 752 at the time, with 751 still having the NBC tagline.

The venerable MAN Mk IIs soldier on nearly a year after they were supposed to be retired, even outside of peak hour. Transdev MAN MkII no 297 heads north along Victoria St, Doncaster on a route 295 to The Pines, with MAN MkII no 288 in the background heading the other way to Doncaster Shoppingtown, also on route 295.

B2 class tram 2072 approaches the Royal Park station stop on a route 55 to Domain Interchange.

Dysons 494 crosses the railway line in Poplar Rd, Royal Park whilst on its way to Melbourne University via route 505.

Transdev 662 heads north along Elgar Rd, Box Hill North towards the end of its trip on route 201 to Doncaster Shoppingtown.

Transdev 505 operates a route 293 to Greensborough north along Elgar Rd, Doncaster.
Bedford-29

Re: On My Selection

Post by Bedford-29 »

Thanks Dad Rudd for the pictures. :mrgreen:
Previoulsy known as United Diesel 15

Return to “Photos - Melbourne/Vic”