Victorian Bus Preservation

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
B7RLE
Favourite Vehicle: VOLVO B7RLE

Victorian Bus Preservation

Post by B7RLE »

Does anyone apart from the operators have any Victorian buses preserved and can you post photos?

The reason I ask is NSW has a big preservation scene.
Proud Owner of a Volvo B10M mk 2 Volgren and a Scania L113CRB Volgren
crazyturbo76
Favourite Vehicle: MB OC500LE/Custom 'CB80'

Re: Victorian Bus Preservation

Post by crazyturbo76 »

There's a fair couple of private groups who have preserved buses; the DERM Society have an ex-MMTB AEC Regal III in preservation, an ATDB user has an ex-MMTB Regal VI in preservation and I believe someone recently posted a pic of a preserved MMBL Leyland.

A little search around on the ATDB should yield photos for these buses-these vehicles are the ones I can think of from the top of my head and since I'm not a Victorian, I wouldn't really know any other examples of privately preserved buses.
Roderick Smith

Post by Roderick Smith »

There are lots, and many of the photos have been posted, but vehicle by vehicle, not under an umbrella heading. Have you scrolled through the whole of the Victorian photo section yet?
Another set comes in the category 'converted to mobile homes': you may not be interested in those, but again there is a thread, and lots of individual posts.
A further lot will come by going to the open-access HCVC site, and looking in the events thread, and in the historic trucks thread (which has some historic buses too).
I ration to no more than one photo a day, and am working my way through my pool of photos made for other groups in other times, and so am still with old photos of buses when with operators, not modern photos of old buses preserved.
The ones which will get here one day are with HCVC already, also with Yahoo busphotosaustralia.
AFAIK the Colin Hirst collection went to the private owners with the Drouin collection.
There must be lots of others, but I see more of the club circuit than the private circuit.

Roderick B Smith
Rail News Victoria Editor
MMTB Busnut
Favourite Vehicle: MMTB MAN Mk1, 259

Post by MMTB Busnut »

Ken Peck & I have numberous buses that are and to be restored, here is a rough mixed list of our joined fleet.
MY ex MMTB 202, 241, 259, 705, 746(parts), 779, 873, 897, 948(parts).
Ken's ex MMTB 370, 511, 530, 546, 547, 559, 572?(shell), 762, plus some other Leyland OPS1s
MMBL 93.
VBL, 24, 42, 155, 065 plus more.
Ex Adelaide Worldmasters.
Plus more that I can't think of at this point in time.
If it works, why change it!

Return to “Photos - Melbourne/Vic”