Geelong during UCI Championships [Part 2]

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Mitch
Favourite Vehicle: VH-VUB

Geelong during UCI Championships [Part 2]

Post by Mitch »

Hey guys. Here's part two of a few parts of photos from Geelong. Todays photos are from the 29th of September (today). Again, sorry about the bad quality, I took them from my phone camera.

McHarrys (GTS) #35 [Mercedes Benz O500LE, Volgren "CR228L"] and McHarrys #153 [Scania K270IB, Express] sitting in the bus rest-over area, next to the Little Malop Street East bus terminus.

Various other buses in the bus rest-over area.

McHarrys (GTS) #25 [Mercedes Benz O405NH, Volgren "CR221L"] sitting in the Little Malop Street West bus terminus.

One of Benders' newest buses, Benders #127 [Scania K230UB, Volgren "CR228L"] sitting in the Little Malop Street West bus terminus, about to start a route 35 to Newtown.

Trotters #10 [Mercedes Benz O500RF, Coach Design] sitting in one of the bus bays at Geelong Railway Station, after just arriving from Ballarat. This bus service is the only bus service to use the train station during the UCI Championships.

McHarrys #78 [Volvo B10M, Volgren "CR221". The only Volgren "CR221" in the Geelong area] on Murradoc Road, St Leonards after just completing a route 79 to St Leonards.

Thanks,
    Mitchul [;

The Exposer

Re: Geelong during UCI Championships [Part 2]

Post by The Exposer »

Theres something about Benders 127 which doesnt look right? Is it still yet to get the full stripes on it? Or are they going cheaper like most other operators?

red baron
    Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL200/AEC Regal MkVI

Post by red baron »

Very nice photo's Mitch,
    The thrid photo of the McHarrys 'GTS' livered bus,is that the second last in service?
    it's a load of hog wog wash

Mitch

Post by Mitch »

The Exposer wrote:Theres something about Benders 127 which doesnt look right? Is it still yet to get the full stripes on it? Or are they going cheaper like most other operators?

None of Benders' new buses have the full livery. They don't have the bottom stripe and they don't have that area of black between the end of the windows and the rear of the bus. One of the buses (#125, I think) has a modified livery, where the word "Benders" is in line with the ribbon.

red baron wrote:Very nice photo's Mitch,
    The thrid photo of the McHarrys 'GTS' livered bus,is that the second last in service?

As far as I know, there are five left in service. Don't hold me to it though.

Thanks,
    Mitchul [;

The Exposer

Post by The Exposer »

Mitch wrote:
    The Exposer wrote:Theres something about Benders 127 which doesnt look right? Is it still yet to get the full stripes on it? Or are they going cheaper like most other operators?

One of the buses (#125, I think) has a modified livery, where the word "Benders" is in line with the ribbon.

Ribbon?
    What a shame the livery has dissapeared from the buses. They look dissapointing.

Mitch

Post by Mitch »

The Exposer wrote:Ribbon?
    What a shame the livery has dissapeared from the buses. They look dissapointing.

I agree. They look basic and cheap, which is sad because it really is an amazing looking bus.

Thanks,
    Mitchul [;

stevegj52
    Favourite Vehicle: Volvo Bus & Coaches

Post by stevegj52 »

Does look cheap, Give it time and the next thing they will be all white with just the word Benders along the side. Mitch Have you seen the McHarry's B10B's in the McHarry's livery, I saw one yesterday in Grovedale have all 3 been done? Wonder if the GST livery will eventually dissapear.
    Volvo B8R,green efficiency built in

Mitch

Post by Mitch »

stevegj52 wrote:Does look cheap, Give it time and the next thing they will be all white with just the word Benders along the side.

Veolia rip-off? :lol:

stevegj52 wrote:Mitch Have you seen the McHarry's B10B's in the McHarry's livery, I saw one yesterday in Grovedale have all 3 been done? Wonder if the GST livery will eventually dissapear.

There are more than three B10B's, I'm sure of it. But yes, I have seen them and they look much better in the McHarrys livery than they do in the GTS livery.

I'm not sure about the livery though, none of the CR221L's have been repainted. Neither has McHarrys #35, but thats obviously because its in an AOA for BayFM (refer to first photo).

Thanks,
    Mitchul [;

stevegj52

Post by stevegj52 »

there are more than three B10B's, I'm sure of it. But yes, I have seen them and they look much better in the McHarrys livery than they do in the GTS livery.

Thanks,
    Mitchul
    There are 6 B10B's in the fleet

stevegj52

Post by stevegj52 »

stevegj52 wrote:there are more than three B10B's, I'm sure of it. But yes, I have seen them and they look much better in the McHarrys livery than they do in the GTS livery.

Thanks,
    Mitchul

There are 6 B10B's in the fleet

Noticed in Grovedale this morning that # 61 B10B was still in GTS livery

Return to “Photos - Melbourne/Vic”