Quince's at Huntingdale

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Craig

Quince's at Huntingdale

Post by Craig »

There has been a lot of discussion on the forum in the past week about the capactiy issues between Huntingdale station and Monash University. For more background, refer to this thread - http://www.busaustralia.com/forum/viewt ... =4&t=50669

To provide additional capacity, Moansh University have privately hired a bus from Quince's Scenicruisers during the morning peak to assist Routes 630, 630A & 900. Quince's also operate 3 inter-campus shuttles for the University. As per the other shuttles, it operates free to students and staff.

The extra bus doesn't appear to run a set timetable, but operates where needed. I noted it waiting for passengers about 15 minutes around 9am, while route service buses were able to cope with the loadings from arriving trains.

Below are some photos of 0559AO (Mercedes Benz O405, PMCSA) taken on Thursday morning.

Waiting for passengers.

Departing Huntingdale beside the architectural eyesore that is the North Road overpass.

A couple of trips later, seen arriving back at Huntingdale.

Just before 10am, the shuttle has completed its final trip from Huntingdale, seen here at the Monash Uni bus loop.

A contrast of Quince's liveries - SB 75 CO (Volvo B7RLE, Custom) with O559AO.

Notice beside the front door of the bus, advising its a "Private Charter".

Kind Regards

Craig :)
krustyklo

Re: Quince's at Huntingdale

Post by krustyklo »

Nice photos Craig, especially the 2 at the bus loop.
Lynx
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL 202 MkII

Post by Lynx »

I do like to PMCSA SE2 body style.
LONG LIVE M.A.N. SL202 MkII.
Smile be happy
DarrenH

Post by DarrenH »

Lynx wrote:I do like to PMCSA SE2 body style.
I agree, and the PMC Sydney body styling on the Mercs that Quinces have doesn't look that bad either.
MelbTowie86
Favourite Vehicle: PMC Elwood's

Post by MelbTowie86 »

I remeber riding in the quince's buses when i was younger and the inside design thinking back to it wasent the best being both front and rear doors on the Merc O405 (if thats correct being the older PMC model) had the pole dividers in the middle and the fold in doors similar to the trams with the cut out in the bottom of the doors for clearance of the steps...
No Car Too Low Too Tow
Gardenstate Towing (03) 9429-1234
24 Hour Roadside Assistance
Kitare

Post by Kitare »

So what do you suppose they do with the "architectural eyesore" that is the North Road Bridge??

I guess its just one of those things that isnt meant to look good, its a bridge, it has a purpose and it does it.

In a recent community survey, the people of Huntingdale voted it the "Most Attractive Railways Bridge" in Huntingdale. :lol:
SO YOU THINK KIM KARDASHIAN CAN DANCE? THE FRIDAY *** ** * RETURNS THIS WEEK!!!
jarf
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UA/Volgren CR228L

Post by jarf »

Perhaps paint it so it's not quite so boring? :wink:
Random Gunzel Insanity - http://jarfness.blogspot.com/
Kitare

Post by Kitare »

jarf wrote:Perhaps paint it so it's not quite so boring? :wink:
But its Huntingdale. The whole place is boring. :lol:

Lets face it, Huntingdale is really nothing more than the industrial portion of Oakleigh. Apart from a few blocks of units being rented out by international students and single mums with 4 kids to three different father, nobody really lives there, its all just Factories and Warehouses.

Infact as it stands, I think currently, the North Road Bridge is probably the most exciting thing in Huntingdale. That grey concrete adds colour to a largely colourless Huntingdale. :lol:
SO YOU THINK KIM KARDASHIAN CAN DANCE? THE FRIDAY *** ** * RETURNS THIS WEEK!!!
Roderick Smith

Post by Roderick Smith »

The bridge is typical 1960s urban blight. Supposedly it was designed for the Rowville railway junction, but that was for a flat junction. It has to be rejigged for four tracks anyhow. How can that be retrofitted, with a grade-separated up Rowville to down suburban?

Caulfield (Melbourne, Vic.): Quinces Volvo 0552AO on a Monash University intercampus (Caulfield - Clayton) shuttle. Wed.25.9.13. (Jeff Bounds)

Roderick
Attachments
130925W-Caulfield-Quinces_Volvo_0552AO-MonashUni_shuttle-JBounds-ss.jpg
130925W-Caulfield-Quinces_Volvo_0552AO-MonashUni_shuttle-JBounds-ss.jpg (202.36 KiB) Viewed 3819 times
Peter1805

Post by Peter1805 »

Jeepers, "Kitare" only had to wait four and a half years for a response!!
V981
Favourite Vehicle: Anything Volvo

Post by V981 »

Peter1805 wrote:Jeepers, "Kitare" only had to wait four and a half years for a response!!
Ahahahahaha And I thought it would never happen. To think Ive been checking everynight since hoping somebody would grace me with a response.

As you can see, I now go by the name V981. :lol:
The views expressed by me are mine and mine only. They do not neccesarily fall in line with the views of my friends, family, collegues or my employer.

Return to “Photos - Melbourne/Vic”