• Advertisement

Crown Coaches Tour

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)

Crown Coaches Tour

Postby system improver » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:22 am

Fifteen BCSV members braved the cold, wind and rain to travel to Crown Coaches in Nunawading as guest of owner, Vic Haoust. Vic provided a history of the company, a tour of the premises and discussed recent developments, especially his company's decision to purchase BCI Hybrid vehicles from China. Currently, two vehicles have been delivered and another three will come to our shores in the next few months. We went for an extensive "test drive" in one of the coaches and it performed well in the conditions. It was quite apparent when the batteries were in operation and not the diesel engine by the sound generated although not by any other noticeable effect. When the diesel engine is in operation, the batteries are regenerated, especially through the braking process. Crown Coaches has shown a commitment to innovation over the years and this is yet another example. Here are a few pictures:

And Crown is also continuing to order MB 0500RF vehicles with NCBC "Protege" bodies. Vic wants to "standardise" on this vehicle for operations requiring the larger vehicle. Here is one delivered last year, with more recently ordered:

system improver

Favourite Vehicle: 1949 MBA Seddon

Re: Crown Coaches Tour

Postby system improver » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:43 pm

Here is the official BCI brochure. (There is one interesting spelling mistake!):

system improver

Postby Member1100 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:05 pm

system improver wrote:Here is the official BCI brochure. (There is one interesting spelling mistake!):

Mind telling us where??? I cant find it.
Member1100

Postby system improver » Fri May 01, 2009 9:00 am

Eratik wrote:
system improver wrote:Here is the official BCI brochure. (There is one interesting spelling mistake!):

Mind telling us where??? I cant find it.

If you mean the spelling mistake, it's "breaking" instead of "braking", although both give out energy I suppose.
system improver

Postby alburybuses » Fri May 01, 2009 10:56 pm

Thanks, system improver for your summary of the visit that I didnt make. Having recently found this site I lost time cruising until early am sunday, needless to say the cogs didn't get going until you were enjoying REAL Crown Hospitality (not that Southbank type).
I cant wait to get on my pushbike out East to Nunawading and take a Hybrid. The paint job looks super, maybe except for the Hybrid on the rear panel - it looks linked to the telephone no., visually would look better as a repeat of the front ID, with the number under the Crown (I thinK ). Maybe I should Smart Bus it on 903.

Have you a photo of Mylons Motorways, (Wodonga) Seddon ? As shown in the T & BT, December 1953 story "Buses to Four States" ( a feature of bus services out of Albury), pages 52 - 54 & 72. The Seddon OE.748 was one of two with Mylons. I have a copy but not versed in adding attachments - yet.
alburybuses

Postby DarrenH » Wed May 06, 2009 6:00 pm

That is good advertising for Crown Coaches with their Hybrid being on the front of the official BCI brochure! I like Crown's different livery for the BCI hybrid. :P
DarrenH

• Advertisement

Return to Photos - Melbourne/Vic