Newcastle privates. 11/12/18

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Re: Newcastle privates. 11/12/18

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Nice photos

Gone are the days down here where a majority of buses were high-floor and mostly interesting, seems Busways (I know the Busways Service is booking only) and PSC are the only remaining operator I know of to still use High-floors in public service in the Newcastle Region / Hunter area, Hunter Valley Buses stopped a while back using high-floors on the 179 / 180 / 189 service and as far as I know have gone 100% low-floor on service routes except during Rail-Replacement but if legislation regarding accessibility ever changes we may see HF's disappear from RR services too.

Do come back down here if you want during full on rail-replacement (by full on I mean when the Hunter line as well as the CCN line is replaced with buses during Daylight hours) if you can as PSC brings out some lesser seen buses on the 130 route. Previously in the year during rail-replacement I saw an older Volvo B10M Volgren of theirs on the 130 route and on the 10th month (I think) of this year They had a Bustech XDI cummins ISC on the 130 as well which rarely sees time in Newcastle as far as I know.

If you want hints on where you can perhaps spot some other buses from operators down here when you next return, let me know but can't guarantee it'll always be that bus that shows up. ( I Have no connections what so ever to the Transport Industry / Transport NSW or any bus or transport operators)
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.

Return to “Photos - Sydney/NSW”