Clipper Class Retro Style

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Centralian

Clipper Class Retro Style

Post by Centralian »

Something old is something new - retro style. Some interesting fleet additions for Fantastic Aussie Tours in Katoomba
and their plans for the retro style vehicles. The restoration and fit out on TV 8247 'Scarlet Rose' is 'fantastic'.
Enjoy.

But first a couple of other recent additions:
Fleet 101 is TV 9534, a Higer Munro ex Murrays.
Fleet 101 is TV 9534, a Higer Munro ex Murrays.
301.jpg (227.78 KiB) Viewed 4542 times
Fleet 102 is TV 8246 a Golden Dragon 24 seater of 2015 build that was acquired from LTD Rentals.
Fleet 102 is TV 8246 a Golden Dragon 24 seater of 2015 build that was acquired from LTD Rentals.
302.jpg (183.8 KiB) Viewed 4542 times
Imported by Reginald Ansett in 1947 this Flxible Clipper is distinguished from its Ansair built examples<br />by the smaller windows and more of them. Registered ANSET it carries Golden West Holdings accreditation<br />and is named 'Yoorala' as allocated by Ansett, and their fleet number AR24.
Imported by Reginald Ansett in 1947 this Flxible Clipper is distinguished from its Ansair built examples
by the smaller windows and more of them. Registered ANSET it carries Golden West Holdings accreditation
and is named 'Yoorala' as allocated by Ansett, and their fleet number AR24.
303.jpg (162.02 KiB) Viewed 4543 times
The vehicle saw service with Turnbulls of Mt Gambier after disposal by the Ansett/Pioneer group<br />and has been beautifully restored by a number of subsequent owners. Powered by a Cummins.
The vehicle saw service with Turnbulls of Mt Gambier after disposal by the Ansett/Pioneer group
and has been beautifully restored by a number of subsequent owners. Powered by a Cummins.
304.jpg (123.91 KiB) Viewed 4542 times
From the Clipper Class website.
From the Clipper Class website.
305.jpg (61.97 KiB) Viewed 4543 times
TV 8247 is 'Scarlet Rose'. Ansair Flxible Clipper built unit of March 1954 with body number AF36.<br />Formely Ansett Pioneer fleet D28. Has been reacquired by Fantastic Aussie Tours and refurbished as an 18 seater.<br />Powered by a Perkins V8.
TV 8247 is 'Scarlet Rose'. Ansair Flxible Clipper built unit of March 1954 with body number AF36.
Formely Ansett Pioneer fleet D28. Has been reacquired by Fantastic Aussie Tours and refurbished as an 18 seater.