Blue Mountains postcard - Winter 2017

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Centralian

Blue Mountains postcard - Winter 2017

Post by Centralian »

For your enjoyment, a selection of locals and visitors to the Blue Mountains (and thereabouts) that I've managed to snap since my last postcard.
1846 MO at Lithgow Buslines is this Hino RN8J with P&amp;D body of August 2016.<br />This unit is out stationed at Portland where I took this shot.
1846 MO at Lithgow Buslines is this Hino RN8J with P&D body of August 2016.
This unit is out stationed at Portland where I took this shot.
115..jpg (92.82 KiB) Viewed 13343 times
A new member to the Blue Mountains Transit fleet at Katoomba is this Toyota Coaster 2443 MO, still showing its <br />Hunter Valley origins ex. Thornton.
A new member to the Blue Mountains Transit fleet at Katoomba is this Toyota Coaster 2443 MO, still showing its
Hunter Valley origins ex. Thornton.
114..jpg (88.27 KiB) Viewed 13343 times
Cross Country Tours of Sandgate Qld CCT 23 a Volvo B9R with Coach Concepts body at Scenic World.<br />While mentioning Thornton above, CCT are now the owners of All Australian Journeys of Thornton.
Cross Country Tours of Sandgate Qld CCT 23 a Volvo B9R with Coach Concepts body at Scenic World.
While mentioning Thornton above, CCT are now the owners of All Australian Journeys of Thornton.
113..jpg (101.65 KiB) Viewed 13343 times
Deanes Transport Services had a few vehicles visiting recently, one being TV 8520 this Iveco Eurorider<br />with Morcopolo Audace body and new in 2017.
Deanes Transport Services had a few vehicles visiting recently, one being TV 8520 this Iveco Eurorider
with Morcopolo Audace body and new in 2017.
112..jpg (109.06 KiB) Viewed 13343 times
The single vehicle fleet of PR &amp; EA Pincini of Pambula T/A Swagman Tours is TV 7056 this former AllStarr of Sydney<br />Dg Mfg chassis with Coach Concepts body.
The single vehicle fleet of PR & EA Pincini of Pambula T/A Swagman Tours is TV 7056 this former AllStarr of Sydney
Dg Mfg chassis with Coach Concepts body.
111..jpg (140.86 KiB) Viewed 13343 times
Former Sheltons of Dungog 4117 MO, now a mobile home in Qld, passed through Katoomba.<br />It's a Hino BC144K with PMC body and as the desto proclaims - is a 'coool bus'.
Former Sheltons of Dungog 4117 MO, now a mobile home in Qld, passed through Katoomba.
It's a Hino BC144K with PMC body and as the desto proclaims - is a 'coool bus'.
110..jpg (123.25 KiB) Viewed 13343 times
Compass Tours TV 8364 is a Volvo B9R with Marcopolo Audace body. Now in corporate livery.
Compass Tours TV 8364 is a Volvo B9R with Marcopolo Audace body. Now in corporate livery.
109..jpg (110.08 KiB) Viewed 13343 times
Visiting from Young recently for the local Winter Magic Festival was TV 4714 of Wilkinsons,<br />a Mercedes Benz 0500RF-2 with Express body of 2003.
Visiting from Young recently for the local Winter Magic Festival was TV 4714 of Wilkinsons,
a Mercedes Benz 0500RF-2 with Express body of 2003.
108..jpg (128.63 KiB) Viewed 13343 times
Tagging along at Echo Point recently with an overflow group was Hopkinsons Ford Transit YPE 131.
Tagging along at Echo Point recently with an overflow group was Hopkinsons Ford Transit YPE 131.
107..jpg (134.97 KiB) Viewed 13343 times
Now the dreaded 'white' brigade. TV 9080 of Steve's Bus &amp; Coach at Wetherill Park is this<br />Anhui Ankai ex Adams of WA. Only posting because these are rare.
Now the dreaded 'white' brigade. TV 9080 of Steve's Bus & Coach at Wetherill Park is this
Anhui Ankai ex Adams of WA. Only posting because these are rare.
106..jpg (113.08 KiB) Viewed 13343 times
Last edited by Centralian on Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Think for yourself, while it's still legal !
Centralian

Re: Blue Mountains postcard - Winter 2017

Post by Centralian »

A couple more:
Another member of the 'white' brigade, after running with quite an attractive livery was Bilpin Coaches.<br />The latest addition and accredited to WJ Lewis of Berambing is this Scania K440EB, registered TV 9053.<br />The vehicle appears to have a wheelchair lift fitted which isn't noted on the fleet listing.
Another member of the 'white' brigade, after running with quite an attractive livery was Bilpin Coaches.
The latest addition and accredited to WJ Lewis of Berambing is this Scania K440EB, registered TV 9053.
The vehicle appears to have a wheelchair lift fitted which isn't noted on the fleet listing.
105..jpg (72.29 KiB) Viewed 13339 times
TV 9203 of MJ Coaches, Lidcombe, is I believe ex Greyhound 523, a Scania K310IB Irizar Century which was recently recorded as sold.
TV 9203 of MJ Coaches, Lidcombe, is I believe ex Greyhound 523, a Scania K310IB Irizar Century which was recently recorded as sold.
104..jpg (185.04 KiB) Viewed 13339 times
With the recent discussion about extra trains bringing tourists to Katoomba, this next visitor may be just coincidence.
I stalked the vehicle for about an hour around Katoomba, but can really only share this image as all the others showed the occupants, and without
their permission I may not be popular. Would certainly go some way to solving the surge crowds every time a train came in.
At Echo Point is Volgen bodied Volvo B9TL demonstrator.
At Echo Point is Volgen bodied Volvo B9TL demonstrator.
103..jpg (124.55 KiB) Viewed 13339 times
Ben_Daui
Favourite Vehicle: 14.5 Scania

Post by Ben_Daui »

A Toyota Coaster in TNFNSW Livery, now waiting to see a Hiace done.
Mitch
Favourite Vehicle: VH-VUB

Post by Mitch »

Great photos, once again.

Would I be wrong to assume that the B9TL is destined to join it’s sister unit at CDC Werribee after it’s done it’s rounds? Or is it going to another operator?

Cheers,
Mitch :lol:
Tim Williams

Post by Tim Williams »

Not sure about the sensitivity about this particular group of passengers, but passengers and the general public appear in transport photos in general and that is part of life.

Buses, trains and trams in service (with people in and around them) are far more interesting than the posed clinical depot shots - all types of photos have a place though!
OLYMPIAN
Favourite Vehicle: Leyland Victory Mk2, Olympian

Post by OLYMPIAN »

Mitch wrote:Great photos, once again.

Would I be wrong to assume that the B9TL is destined to join it’s sister unit at CDC Werribee after it’s done it’s rounds? Or is it going to another operator?

Cheers,
Probably not required

These are not really demo anyway, as you can see is Sydney's spec (electric mirror)
Detroit 6VT92/ZF 4HP500...the best bendi bus power train!
Punchbowl Tiger Cub

Post by Punchbowl Tiger Cub »

Centralian,
Excellent coverage as always.

Regards Punchbowl Tiger Cub
burrumbus

Post by burrumbus »

Excellent coverage Stefan ,as allways.
Has the ex Hunter Valley Coaster a regular gig at Blue Mountains Transit,or is she a charter bus??
Cheers-Allan.
Geoff

Post by Geoff »

burrumbus wrote:Excellent coverage Stefan ,as allways.
Has the ex Hunter Valley Coaster a regular gig at Blue Mountains Transit,or is she a charter bus??
Cheers-Allan.
I am told it is at Leura to stay - to replace the MB 12 seater on the Jenolan Caves Day Tour.
burrumbus

Post by burrumbus »

Thanks Geoff.
Centralian

Post by Centralian »

I've seen the Coaster based at Leura for about the last 3-4 weeks now, so I suspect a long-term home for it.
Mitch
Favourite Vehicle: VH-VUB

Post by Mitch »

OLYMPIAN wrote:
Mitch wrote:Great photos, once again.

Cheers,
Probably not required

These are not really demo anyway, as you can see is Sydney's spec (electric mirror)
The existing decker at CDC Werribee was built to Sydney spec too as it was destined for Hillsbus but was sent down south as it exceeded NSW regulations. Not only that but the demo is already painted into the PTV colours.

Cheers,
OLYMPIAN

Post by OLYMPIAN »

Mitch wrote:The existing decker at CDC Werribee was built to Sydney spec too as it was destined for Hillsbus but was sent down south as it exceeded NSW regulations. Not only that but the demo is already painted into the PTV colours.

Cheers,

Although axle weight is now raised to 22t, Sydney operator did not take the vehicles

All three now entered service with Thompson in Strathpine
Bus Suggestions
Favourite Vehicle: Something with a ZF Ecomat

Post by Bus Suggestions »

The B9TL decker looks prepared for PTV livery.
I'd post any important, bus-related links I had, but they're outdated anyways.
OLYMPIAN

Post by OLYMPIAN »

Bus Suggestions wrote:The B9TL decker looks prepared for PTV livery.
It was, but sounds like they doesn't need any deckers.

The three Volgren Optimus bodied Volvo B9TL double deck, built for Sydney,delivered in PTV livery

Now entered service with Thompson's in Brisbane

https://www.facebook.com/ThompsonBusSer ... =3&theater

Return to “Photos - Sydney/NSW”