NSW to Vic in a Pie Cart?

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
User7526

Re: NSW to Vic in a Pie Cart?

Post by User7526 »

There were 26 Nepean Nippers built for the Penrith Depot of Westbus and yes, they were the first in the company to have "sorry, not in service" on them. All of the National ones were built to go to Melbourne new which is stated here, that company though (at the time) was not related to Westbus financially at all even though the colours on the LO 812s were the same. The only point was that Jim and Carol Bosnjak went into Melbourne and Bob stayed out of it, that's why the colours were the same but the names weren't. If memory serves me right, the small bus idea in Melbourne was supposed to initially be the same as the Penrith thing in some of the outer suburbs, a high frequency, low waiting time type service.

The Penrith ones were a nightmare of a fleet to work on, especially when new. There were so many 'Benz related issues it was unbelieveable, even half of the Penrith ones had been fitted with incorrect headlights!

There might have been some more come into Penrith after I left the company but I'm not totally sure, I do know that the MAN 10-180 vehicles were also built to be a replacement item for the 'Nippers originally.

Peta.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Re: NSW to Vic in a Pie Cart?

Post by Fleet Lists »

The Inspector wrote:
Bedford-29 wrote:Ex Ventura Mercedes LO812 425 rego 2425-AO Depot Oakleigh built 4/1994 chassis number 976169 body number 93-288 location now Narrandera N.S.W and this information is in fleet-list you type the fleet number in and scroll down.
thanks, but we still dont know who owns it
Correcting VIN 976163 - It was deregd 18/10/2015
Living in the Shire.

Return to “Photos - Sydney/NSW”