Punchbowl Buses Memories Part One.

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
ALBION1881

Punchbowl Buses Memories Part One.

Post by ALBION1881 »

These pictures I have found in Leon Batmans collection which I will present in parts I hope it brings back memories the Foden decker is a picture I saved from awhile back.
Last edited by ALBION1881 on Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mo 5537

Re: Punchbowl Buses Memories Part One.

Post by mo 5537 »

Hello Albion1881,

Great shots thanks. The photo with mo 526 at Roselands with what looks like a freshly painted Red Top Transit AEC in the background is a ripper.

Another quaint thing about all the photos is the painted wooden destination boards on the sides of the buses that Punchbowl used extensively. I wonder if someone has a collection of them somewhere. A lot of work in those things with another lost trade - signwriting/painting using real paint. I recall visiting the garage of an old friend of my father's down in Kyle Bay many years ago. He had a mountain of these things in his garage/workshop that he painted up and refurbished. A real treasure chest nowadays.

The Foden Double Decker certainly looks like a formidable beast.

I personally have a soft spot for Fodens and their unique design. I recall a transport company, Cousins Transport at Blakehurst on the Princes Highway just up from the depot. They had a great range of red, grey and silver Fodens that always looked a treat.

Regards,

mo 5537

Return to “Photos - Sydney/NSW”