• Advertisement

Tranzit Coachlines Ltd. - INCOMPLETE (Fleet List)

New Zealand Transport Discussion

Moderator: Vitalstatistix

Tranzit Coachlines Ltd. - INCOMPLETE (Fleet List)

Postby Fleet Lists » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:06 pm

Again concerning my stay in New Zealand during the past few weeks.

In the Bay of Islands area I captured photos of three buses/coaches which had Fuller's Great Sights signwriting (or was operating for Fuller's) and I could not find any reference to Tranzit Coachlines.
Two of these vehicles appear on the Tranzit Coachlines fleet list.
Is Fuller's Great Sights part of Tranzit Coachlines? As there is no operator information available for this operator it is hard for an outsider to know if there is any tie up.

1075 DWW 568 MAN 15.280 WMAA67ZZ04S002583 Kiwi Bus Builders 06/2007 C41F White Wellington
This appeared to be doing local day trips and certainly would not be at Wellington. Its signwriting was fully for Fuller's Great Sights.

317 EUS800 Hino FG 1JPPB - QGU JHDFG1JPPXXX18028 Kiwi Bus Builders 01/2009 B49F Great Sights Opua
New for 90-Mile Beach service.
.One of two buses in the fleet to carry Fleet Number 317.
This is based at Opua but carries fleet number 85 and not 317.
It carries signwriting for AwesomeNZ on both front and side and I did not see any mention of Fuller's Great Sights.

The third bus was (76) DGD 386 which does not show in the fleet list - it appeared to be an older vehicle which could hardly be called a coach but when I took a photo of it, it was operating the Fuller's from Pahia to Opua service which was operated by EUS800 the previous day. I captured the photos of the two at exactly the same time on two successive days.
It had Fuller's Great Sights on the side but dolphincruise.co.nz on the front.

I hope to have all three photos in the photo galley in the next few days - I will include links here when done.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Re: Tranzit Coachlines Ltd. - INCOMPLETE (Fleet List)

Postby Vitalstatistix » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:15 pm

[quote="Fleet Lists"]

The third bus was (76) DGD 386 which does not show in the fleet list - it appeared to be an older vehicle which could hardly be called a coach but when I took a photo of it, it was operating the Fuller's from Pahia to Opua service which was operated by EUS800 the previous day. I captured the photos of the two at exactly the same time on two successive days.
It had Fuller's Great Sights on the side but dolphincruise.co.nz on the front.
[/ quote]
DGD 386 shows up as a Toyota Hilux Surf??
im zug zum flug

The road to success is always under construction.
Vitalstatistix

Favourite Vehicle: MAN NL262 with VoithDIWA 851.3

Postby Mr OC Benz » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:25 pm

I will check these up for you Fleet Lists. I did have a complete fleet list sent sometime last year which had everything, but then major changes happened, acquisitions occurred and it was soon out of date faster than I could input the data. I don't have the latest list, however kaiwhara was putting in the latest information that had occurred, but I don't think it has been finished, nor revisited and updated. I'm aware there are now several buses in the fleet with the same fleet numbers, however it is possibly that they could be renumbering them. But I don't know for sure.

Like many other fleets, it is hard to keep track of the fleet movements at Tranzit as it changes regularly. There were definitely two 317s at the last time of updating and details for both were up to date (obviously not the case now). Depot allocations are recorded when known, but there are no guarantees they will always be up to date.
Mr OC Benz

Favourite Vehicle: Anything German

Postby Fleet Lists » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:35 am

Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Postby Mr OC Benz » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:55 pm

Information has finally been updated. Thanks Fleet Lists.
Mr OC Benz

Favourite Vehicle: Anything German

Postby Madmax » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:11 pm

I must say thankes to Mr OC Benz for all his hard work on the New Zerland fleet lists.Good to see so many lists.
Madmax

• Advertisement

Return to New Zealand Transport Discussion