My paper bus design

New Zealand Transport Discussion

Moderator: Vitalstatistix

NZSL202

Re: My paper bus design

Post by NZSL202 »

readerbus wrote:Hi there guys, I'm just loving this Message thread at the moment!!! There is so much talent out there in terms of Artwork & design. Now I decided to add a little flair to my favourite City.
Just imagine if New Plymouth City Council had kept their buses. And they had followed everyone elses trend & bought designline bodied Man 12.223's I think they would have looked like this. Please note, I have used the updated New Plymouth District Council Logos for this one.

Enjoy! :mrgreen:
New Plymouth Designline.JPG
Haha! Great work Readerbus! :P I'll have to print some of these onto cardboard for my collection!

I remember the newer buses in the fleet all had the NPDC logo added, while the older ones still had the city crest.
kaiwhara

Post by kaiwhara »

Hmmmmm the Plaxton looks a little strange, the Sides are the wrong way round and the Front and back are upside down! I can see what youve attempted, and it looks good, just need to tweek the directions a bit :P
CB80
Favourite Vehicle: Leyland Tiger

Post by CB80 »

Hey guys, just a tip, if you are using MSpaint save your designs as .png format. .jpg format in MSpaint does horrible things to graphics. If you zoom in you will see all the compression artifacts around lines etc.
GOBUS121
Favourite Vehicle: 1986 to 1990 CWI MAN SL202 bus

Post by GOBUS121 »

Hi guys
Sorry for long wait im now just done a CTL 456 Canberra Bomber Merc 0305 (Leased from Ritchies 456) in CTL colors i know waited so long i tryed my best in my head what colors went where and now i got for people top enjoy the old moment before Christchurch CTL changed it name into Redbus :D :D 8) :P

Admin: Oversized picture deleted
My bus is Gobus 121 No1 is allow to drive it or else it gose off the road completly for driving and looking now im totally upset is see 121 bad coolant leak and also loads of problems also
GOBUS121

Post by GOBUS121 »

Here go people i just did New Plymouth Merc 0305 into CTL colors and CTL 430 leased to Ritchies for while in 1997 until 2001 ( i think) :D :D :shock: 8) :roll:

My bus is Gobus 121 No1 is allow to drive it or else it gose off the road completly for driving and looking now im totally upset is see 121 bad coolant leak and also loads of problems also
GOBUS121

Post by GOBUS121 »

Here another Merc 0305 that CTL leased from Ritchies they from STA Sydeny MK1 series they had fleet from numbers from 439,440,441,442,443,444 and rebuilt by designline Ashburton for ritchies standards these buses were slowest 0305's (as passenger) i felt when i was living in chch but wish they was had more horse power to kick into life theses old STA merc's 8) :roll:

GOBUS121

Post by GOBUS121 »

:cry: :cry: Here the last pic for you people of my Mercs 0305 in CTL Colors this one is a ex ARA 1326 now CTL 432 (Ritchies 432) and rebuilt body and tinted windows and confitable seating layout and nice intorer inside and better front doors and refurshed 3speed gearbox and more extras so thankyou for time see my pics :D :D i doing now is 1st batch of SLF's for CTL (redbus) of Dennis Darts SLF Series from 300 to 312 CTL Fleet numbers 8) 8) keep watching this space!!!!!!!!

GOBUS121

Post by GOBUS121 »

Here you peple i just design a Designline Dennis Dart SLF series that were 12 of there buses leased to CTL (redbus) and 4 being sold and kept to redbus other 9 went back to Ritchies and sold to Citinewton Dundien Services into there fleet and colors and they so slow around chch and did services on there 1st year on 10,5,29 routes (New Brighton and Southshore to City) in 1997 alot of drivers went happy of these buses and there performance , power and etc were not as good as MAN did after Dennis Darts order, CTL had these buses started in fleet numbers from 300 to 312. :o :shock: 8) 8)

GOBUS121

Post by GOBUS121 »

Hi people here is a the 1st bach of MAN 10.160's what CTL (redbus) order from designline for around chch to help some load of the Dennis Darts for 5,10 and 29 and more routes were coming into SLF's around chch around in 1997-8 aera these MAN were 4 cylc MAN motor (like tractor on ilde) but they were slow pick up and nice on the gear box. :D 8) :roll:
CTL (Redbus) had 8 or 10( i think) of these little MAN's 10.160's around zoom by and had fleet numbers from 313 to 321 then were replace by next model of 11.160 in 1998 to 1999 with same body with more keep pick up and same speed gear box they fleet numbers were from 322 to 348 :D :D

GOBUS121

Post by GOBUS121 »

:D :D :D Well ,Well People here you go something diffrent aye!!!! i just done a CTB (redbus) MAN 22.240 and this bus a ex Airport Bus 672 for while in chch and airport run in 1991 to 2002 ( i think) these 22.240's are nice buses for long trips around canterbury plains and few had more power than the other MAN 22.240's i like CTB ones better then ARA :? :? (CWI design) but hey to be fair the side i dont like is that ARA ones were confusing with SL202's with longer body and CTB ones are longer also but higher off the ground and more like coach design and with roof and floor luggage appartments ,PA System and TV only playing Welcome to Christchurch video :P :P (only the Airport bus had that fitted) also tinted windows and aircon :shock: :shock: CTB only had 8 in order from designline Ashburton in 1991 after designline 1990 or 91 CTB MAN SL202 (never turned a wheel in chch) :roll: sold to Gobus Hamilton 50 and that wasnt a SL202 motor that had it in it had a single chassie wheel 22.240 motor and chassie for CTB but had SL202 body with designline body like 22.240.

GOBUS121

Post by GOBUS121 »

:P :P Howdy People Here is a MAN SL200 from Ex Action Canberra that Leopard brought from Cesta Travel in Christchurch. When Cesta closed down from losing runs in Christchurch in 1994 Leopard Coachlines brought 4 - 5MAN's from Cesta Travel and painted them into Leopard Colours and these buses were running on Timetable (8 Hornby, Russley, Hei Hei and 28 Lyeltton ,21Merrin ,24 Hyde Park and 9 Burnside after CTL (Redbus)in Christchurch in 1995 to 2000 (i think i could be wrong) and MAN were running 3 speed auto with ZF running 3 gearbox like the Mercedes Benz 0305's had like Ritchies Canberra Bombers. :shock: :shock: Leopard had these MAN's in there Fleet from 16,17,18,19 and 31 and 2 being sold to Go Wellington and now sold to ACS for motor home or school bus :( :roll: i do remember see these buses whenb i was young living in Canberra in Action Colors in Australia in 1988 :o :o
GOBUS121

Post by GOBUS121 »

G'day People
Here is a MAN SG192 ARA 2100 Series Bendies Buses Around Auckland for long time these buses are great for peak ,busy loads for around Auckland Suburbs these buses came around in late 80's and still going strong and just let you people there diffrent 2 types of SG192's one is built for NZ from Hawke Bus builders and the other ones in Christchurch for Leopard Urban Mover from Action Canberra from Anslair Coaches in Dubbo NSW ( i thnk) and love to see more these buses come in a 1 new design from kiwi in 2008 :D and sold to Bayes Auckland and or designline coming soon :shock: 8) to Auckland & Christchurch on Trial soon i dont know when, :o :o i have being riding a 2102 one in Manakau Auckland was fun see a bus has a trialer at back. If you wanted be technical of these buses are have whole bus front and trialer the back ( half of bus at back) with motor at back also. :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Admin: Oversized picture deleted.
ka9102
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL200

Post by ka9102 »

just some small corrections. :D
GOBUS121 wrote:Hi people here is a the 1st bach of MAN 10.160's what CTL (redbus) order from designline for around chch to help some load of the Dennis Darts for 5,10 and 29 and more routes were coming into SLF's around chch around in 1997-8 aera these MAN were 4 cylc MAN motor (like tractor on ilde) but they were slow pick up and nice on the gear box. :D 8) :roll:
they actually have Cummins 4 cylinder Trans-planted engines not MAN engines.
GOBUS121 wrote::P :P Howdy People Here is a MAN SL200 from Ex Action Canberra that Leopard brought from Cesta Travel in Christchurch. and MAN were running 3 speed auto with ZF running 3 gearbox like the Mercedes Benz 0305's had like Ritchies Canberra Bombers.
they all have RENK 3sp doromat auto gears not ZF,ZF never had 3sp transmissions for buses. :D
GOBUS121 wrote: Here is a MAN SG192 ARA 2100 Series Bendies Buses Around Auckland for long time these buses are great for peak ,busy loads for around Auckland Suburbs these buses came around in late 80's and still going strong and just let you people there diffrent 2 types of SG192's one is built for NZ from Hawke Bus builders
they are in the 2000 series and are MAN SG220 not SG192,they came around in early 80s..

2001-2020 are MAN SG220, 2021-2034 are MAN SG242... :P
transporting oranges to the world...
redbusfan
Favourite Vehicle: Designline Smiley

Post by redbusfan »

The rear axle on the ARA articulated bus is in the wrong postion
part of our city... red<bus
DarrenH

Post by DarrenH »

redbusfan wrote:I've done a few with the metro adverts but they were too fidly :lol:
It still looks very good without the metro adverts though! :lol:
GOBUS121

Post by GOBUS121 »

Hey AYE people 8) 8) Here something really something diffrent in Garden City of Christchurch what kind bus is this aye????????????
Answer? :P Ok these rebuilt Volvo's B10M's are from Wellington called a Anslado. Strange Aye well Leopard Coachlines(Urban cat) brought 12 of these Buses from Wellington with Anslado Electrics qand etc and devertion into Volvo Diesel powered Buses and Volvos had simlair look to the Bristol Hess but they have same seating layout and body ( i think) but i them were nice ride going around Christurch Leopard urban Bus routes 8,9,28,21,24 :wink: before they sold some to Nimmons and Mana Leopard did 2 rebuilt Volvo's inside of them they fleet 11 and 12 gone to Mana now had tinted windows new seats and new flooring and poles stands inside bus I wish Leopard kept one for preseartion and rebuilt back to Ansaldo and donated to Ferrymead :x but who knows they go next from Nimmons and Mana hmm ok :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

readerbus
Favourite Vehicle: M.A.N 11.190

Post by readerbus »

What's happening to all of the pictures on this thread??? Admin may as well delete it all together if they're taking all the pictures from it. :(
readerbus
it's better by bus
kaiwhara

Post by kaiwhara »

Clearly they were oversized, as per the Admins Edit to each affected post...
DarrenH

Post by DarrenH »

I must say that Newlands paper bus looks awesome. I would like to see that bus in real life!
redbusfan

Post by redbusfan »

• Hi there guys and gals
    Seeing as my paper model templates have dissappered and my old laptop smashed when it was dropped, I had to design buses right from scratch again :(
    This is the first bus I have designed since then and this is only a template, based on the Waka Pacific Designline Scania 2500 series. It has no air con unit yet.

Hopefully the size of this picture is not too big :D
Vitalstatistix
Favourite Vehicle: MAN NL262 with VoithDIWA 851.3

Post by Vitalstatistix »

Awesome stuff there redbusfan... :)
im zug zum flug

The road to success is always under construction.
Check out my Instagram @scottsiakia90
redbusfan

Post by redbusfan »

Here is my paper bus I made while at work... If only they had had a colour printer :)
redbusfan

Post by redbusfan »

All it needs now is an air con unit
Lifehouse

Post by Lifehouse »

Good Job ! :)

Do you have the MAN SL202 Template?
Previously known as Drevil166
redbusfan

Post by redbusfan »

I'm afraid I don't but it shouldn't take me long to come up with a template.

Return to “New Zealand Transport Discussion”