• Advertisement

Smartbus Route 900 Rowville- Caulfied

Melbourne / Victoria Transport Discussion

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Smartbus Route 900 Rowville- Caulfied

Postby tonyw » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:41 am

Talkback caller on ABC 774 yesterday pointed out that the new timetable commencing 27/08/2017 reduces services from 68 per day (Mon- Fri) to 35 per day.
I couldn't believe it so I checked online myself and it's true! With gaps of one hour between buses at 12:17, 1:17, 2:17, 3:16 and 45 minutes during the afternoon peak.
The timetable is also erratic, with no consistency of frequencies.
Is this for real or is it an error?
I am a member of the public and I guess I am a moron, although I try very hard not to be.
tonyw

Favourite Vehicle: Bus

Re: Smartbus Route 900 Rowville- Caulfied

Postby burrumbus » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:38 am

If thats true that is a crazy decision.The patronage on 900 is one of the best in the eastern suburbs
burrumbus

Postby Thebusofdoom » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:48 pm

The frequencies are all over the place with trips between 15 minutes and an hour apart. It looks like an error to me. A number of the new timetables have had errors and formatting issues. The timetable for the 411/412 towards Laverton had every second trip terminating at Central Square SC, even though every trip towards Footscray began at Laverton. This has since been rectified.
Thebusofdoom

Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL200

Postby MAN 16.242 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:45 pm

Its simply an error. There are many errors with new TTs online. I think you find new 900 TT is missing one of operators trips hence only 35 trips appearing.
MAN 16.242

Favourite Vehicle: M.A.N SL200

Postby Craig » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:16 am

If you have been documenting the various issues I have been coming across on my Twitter account - https://twitter.com/craig_halsall

The 900 had made my list.

PTV been working through the issues to fix them, but in doing so have created more in some cases...I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt for a few days before adding to the list.

The 900 timetable isn't changing, and it seems the easy fix was to just change the end date of the existing timetable.

The website database is linked to the myki database and it seems they have a lazy approach of uploading timetable data for an entire depot where there are changes and in doing so, breaking the timetables for many routes with no changes, either where there are multiple depots/operators, or footnotes and day restrictions dropping off.

Kind Regards

Craig :-)
Craig

Postby V981 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:32 am

Craig wrote:If you have been documenting the various issues I have been coming across on my Twitter account - https://twitter.com/craig_halsall

The 900 had made my list.

PTV been working through the issues to fix them, but in doing so have created more in some cases...I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt for a few days before adding to the list.

The 900 timetable isn't changing, and it seems the easy fix was to just change the end date of the existing timetable.

The website database is linked to the myki database and it seems they have a lazy approach of uploading timetable data for an entire depot where there are changes and in doing so, breaking the timetables for many routes with no changes, either where there are multiple depots/operators, or footnotes and day restrictions dropping off.

Kind Regards

Craig :-)

Speaking of which, does having duel operators provide any benefits in the case of the 900? Maybe they should just give the contract to CDC and have a single operator, given their depot is conveniently located smack bang in the middle of the route. :)
The views expressed by me are mine and mine only. They do not neccesarily fall in line with the views of my friends, family, collegues or my employer.
V981

Favourite Vehicle: Anything Volvo

Postby krustyklo » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:29 am

Speaking of which, does having duel operators provide any benefits in the case of the 900?

I suspect the cost of removing the bullet holes from the competing companies' bus panels outweighs any benefits... :P
krustyklo

• Advertisement

Return to Discussion - Melbourne / VIC