Transdev Melbourne news January - June 2016

Melbourne / Victoria Transport Discussion

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Craig

Transdev Melbourne news January - June 2016

Post by Craig »

With moderator Mercedes currently sailing the ocean, here is a new Transdev thread for 2016.

Kind Regards

Craig :-)
78 tourmaster
Favourite Vehicle: 24 v 71 GM

Re: All other Victorian Bus news January - June 2016

Post by 78 tourmaster »

Saw Transdev 117 and 118 scania artics coming off the boat today as well as 3 dysons scania Irizars
venturatiger

Post by venturatiger »

Hi, interesting are the Artics in Smartbus or PTV livery

Venturatiger
78 tourmaster
Favourite Vehicle: 24 v 71 GM

Post by 78 tourmaster »

PTV livery
Craig

Post by Craig »

78 tourmaster wrote:Saw Transdev 117 and 118 scania artics coming off the boat today as well as 3 dysons scania Irizars
Long time coming, these were first foreshadowed in a media release from October 2014, and are a year overdue!

A post from October 29 2014 - http://www.busaustralia.com/forum/viewt ... nd#p935700
Thebusofdoom wrote:As part of the recently announced improvements to the DART bus network, it looks as though Transdev will acquire two new articulated buses next year.
"In addition to speeding up journey times, we are increasing the capacity of bus services on the DART routes, with the purchase of two additional articulated buses for approximately $1.2 million," Ms Wooldridge said.

"Each bus provides capacity for 110 passengers, providing capacity for an additional 220 passengers at any one time."

These buses are due to arrive on the network in early 2015 and will be assigned to the DART route with the highest patronage demand. The buses will be low-floor, accessible and will have improved passenger comfort features.
http://www.premier.vic.gov.au/media-cen ... -east.html
Kind Regards

Alstom 888M

Post by Alstom 888M »

What is the bodywork on them? More Gemilang?
All my posts on this board represents my personal views and opinions only. They may not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or values of those of my family, friends, colleagues, or employer.
Comeng64

Re: Transdev Melbourne news January - June 2016

Post by Comeng64 »

Here is the positive start to 2016 we've all been wishing for!
Recently, #736 (1736AO) received a major refurbishment. It is the first of it's type to obtain an internal refurbished and driver cage (apart from #727 which has had a driver cage for some time now).
Here are some 'Before & After' shots.
Before: Transdev Melbourne #714. (I don't have any shots of #736 when it was in the SmartBus livery)
Before: Transdev Melbourne #714. (I don't have any shots of #736 when it was in the SmartBus livery)
2015-12-04 15.33.45.jpg (49.93 KiB) Viewed 11009 times
After: Transdev Melbourne #736 (1736AO) with external Refurbishment and PTV Livery near Bulleen Terminus on Manningham Rd.
After: Transdev Melbourne #736 (1736AO) with external Refurbishment and PTV Livery near Bulleen Terminus on Manningham Rd.
Before (Saloon Area - from #726)
Before (Saloon Area - from #726)
After (Saloon - #736)
After (Saloon - #736)
Before (Rear - from #726)
Before (Rear - from #726)
After. (Rear - #736)
After. (Rear - #736)
Before. (Floor - from #726)
Before. (Floor - from #726)
After. (Floor - #736)
After. (Floor - #736)
Craig

Post by Craig »

Judging by the early tags visible, doesn't look they are going for zero tolerance after refurbishment cleans unlike Metro and the X'traps.

Kind Regards

bussie

Post by bussie »

Alstom 888M wrote:What is the bodywork on them? More Gemilang?
Yes Gemilangs.
Heihachi_73

Post by Heihachi_73 »

Nice to see that retired SmartBuses keep their PIDs intact.
V981
Favourite Vehicle: Anything Volvo

Post by V981 »

Looks good with a new paint job and refurbishment. Now they really need to keep on top of that graffiti. Like seriously. :shock:
The views expressed by me are mine and mine only. They do not neccesarily fall in line with the views of my friends, family, collegues or my employer.
Metlink

Post by Metlink »

I suppose in some more "possitive" news for TDM, Bus 975 has clearly received a scrub with all graffiti being removed off the roof, floors and walls. Shame it didn't last long with a fresh layer of great graffiti added. However the bus did look like it received that anti graffiti coating similar to what Metro have used on their X'Trapolis fleet.
Melbourne Train and Tram Images
http://melbournetrains6153.fotopic.net
VOLVO FAN
Favourite Vehicle: B10M,B10B,B12BLE

Post by VOLVO FAN »

The worst buses with graffitis on board must be the ones which run on route 901-903. Show pity that the former DART buses have to run on those three routes these days. As you guys know, the longer distance these buses go, the more damage it will create.
Friendly party bus-driver at Brookes,Extragreen and Jubo Tours
Cars and Single-Decker Bus Lover
Whitefriars College(Ventura/National Bus Co.)
Leyland B21
Favourite Vehicle: Former Perth B21 /#32

Post by Leyland B21 »

VOLVO FAN wrote:The worst buses with graffitis on board must be the ones which run on route 901-903. Show pity that the former DART buses have to run on those three routes these days. As you guys know, the longer distance these buses go, the more damage it will create.
What does distance have to do with damage in terms of graffiti? Graffiti can happen anywhere and anytime. I understand some suburbs are more prone than others but your comment imo is poorly thought out.
You can take the boy out of Armadale W.A but you cant take Armadale out of the boy!!!
krustyklo

Post by krustyklo »

What does distance have to do with damage in terms of graffiti? Graffiti can happen anywhere and anytime. I understand some suburbs are more prone than others but your comment imo is poorly thought out.
To be fair, I can see an argument that a bus that is more intensely used in terms of time on the road is more likely to attract rubbish and graffiti and general passenger wear and tear than one which is out 6am to 6pm.
Alstom 888M

Post by Alstom 888M »

Not nessisarily, much vandalism and feralness occurs during the day (typically off-peak though, suit workers are more inclined to call the police). But a SmartBus runs more or less a constant frequency during the day, while a track bus is more likely to be sitting in the depot during the inter-peak periods, especially on the former National side, which is when most interior cleaning is performed.
All my posts on this board represents my personal views and opinions only. They may not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or values of those of my family, friends, colleagues, or employer.
philm
Favourite Vehicle: A-class tram

Post by philm »

So apparently there's a bomb scare on a bus at Westfield Doncaster, no real details yet: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/repor ... m7dat.html
Alex on the Bus
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L113CRB/Ansair Commuter

Post by Alex on the Bus »

philm wrote:So apparently there's a bomb scare on a bus at Westfield Doncaster, no real details yet: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/repor ... m7dat.html
Funny, I thought the bus was a bomb...
Oh, what a perfect world this world would be,
If he was President now - but he's not.
krustyklo

Post by krustyklo »

Funny, I thought the bus was a bomb...
It only arms if it goes faster than 20 km/h...you can tell from the added vibrations and engine grinding noises...
Alstom 888M

Post by Alstom 888M »

I saw a movie about that once, I think it was called "The Bus That Couldn't Slow Down".
Comeng64

Post by Comeng64 »

One of Crown's new BCI coaches was running a 280 today, didn't get a snap of it though.

Also, Footscray's PTV Livery #429 was running 903s today....
Attachments
Transdev Melbourne 7829AO (429) on a 903 outside Doncaster Westfield
Transdev Melbourne 7829AO (429) on a 903 outside Doncaster Westfield
krustyklo

Post by krustyklo »

Crown minibuses have been running the 280 and 282 yesterday and today. I rode the 280 that arrives at Shoppingtown about 5.05pm yesterday which was a (very comfortable :D ) Crown minibus, and the 282 that leaves Shoppingtown about 5.25pm passed me today as a Crown minibus.

Credit to the driver of the Crown vehicle yesterday, he was quite good at slowing down at stops for intending passengers and very welcoming when I boarded and disembarked the bus.
MAN 16.242
Favourite Vehicle: M.A.N SL200

Post by MAN 16.242 »

Construction of Sunshine West depot has began

http://www.transdevmelbourne.com.au/ind ... eturnid=21
February 1, 2016
SOD TURN AT SUNSHINE WEST

On Wednesday 27 January, Transdev Melbourne held a sod-turning ceremony to celebrate the first day of construction on our new Sunshine West depot.

The event was also attended by Transdev staff and representatives from Brimbank council, PTV, and Dzine (the company behind the design and construction of the depot).

About the Depot
The Sunshine West depot is the first of three new depots to be constructed this year, as part of the Victorian Government’s $40 million ‘new depots project’.

The depot will have the best available facilities to support the efficient operation of buses, including an automated bus wash, modern, safe fueling facilities and improved driver amenities with recreational areas and ample staff parking. It will replace the ageing Footscray depot.
http://www.transdevmelbourne.com.au/ind ... eturnid=21

TRANSDEV TO CONSTRUCT THREE NEW DEPOTS

Melbourne’s bus network will be reinvigorated by the construction of three new state-of-the-art depots.

The future of the bus network in Melbourne has been secured, with Public Transport Victoria (PTV), in partnership with Transdev commencing construction on the first of three new bus depots.

The Sunshine West depot is the first of three purpose-built depots to be constructed this year, as part of the Victorian Government’s $40 million new depots project.

To mark the commencement of construction, Warwick Horsley, PTV Head of Operations and Performance, John Tanner, Administrator, Brimbank City Council and Harry Wijers, Transdev Managing Director will conduct a sod turning ceremony at the site today.

Public Transport Victoria Head of Operations and Performance, Warwick Horsley said the new depot will be the most advanced in Melbourne.

“This state-of-the-art depot at Sunshine West has been designed to ensure the facilities are safe, environmentally focused and to support the delivery of an efficient bus operation,” Mr Horsley said.

“The new depot will have the best available facilities to support the efficient operation of the bus network, including and automated bus wash, modern, safe, fuelling facilities and improved driver amenities with recreational areas and staff parking.

“In addition to improving bus services across seven routes, design and construction of the new facility will provide employment opportunities for Victorian companies and their staff.

“The government is investing $40 million in three new state-of-the-art depots and $100 million to improve bus services.

“This $100 million investment will introduce new and expanded routes in growth areas, and includes $15 million for smarter integration of the bus and rail network,” Mr Horsley said.

The Sunshine West depot will replace the ageing Footscray depot and will initially be home to 150 staff and 70 buses, with the capacity to stable 100 buses in the future as demand for services grows.

Harry Wijers, Managing Director of Transdev Melbourne, said the new depot will improve bus operations for Transdev.

“We are delighted the Victorian Government is making such a significant investment in the bus network,” Mr Wijers said.

“We look forward to repaying that investment through the delivery of a more efficient bus network for the people of Melbourne.

“We would also like to acknowledge the Brimbank City Council for their support with the planning process,” he said.

The depot is located within the City of Brimbank, which is serviced by seven Transdev Melbourne bus routes - 215, 216, 219, 220, 223, 232 and 903.

The Sunshine West depot is located in the Sunshine West Industrial Precinct at 70 Vella Drive. Consultation to support the planning approval process was conducted in partnership with Brimbank City Council in 2015.

Construction of the depot is expected to be completed in September 2016.

Transdev Melbourne took over operations of approximately 30% of the Melbourne bus network on 4 August 2013. Transdev currently operates more than 500 buses from seven depots.
Alstom 888M

Post by Alstom 888M »

They took bus #109 (Scania K280UB / Gemilang) to the ceremony. Was spotlessly cleaned up for the cameras.
Comeng64

Post by Comeng64 »

#8258 (Mercedes Benz O500LE/Volgren CR228L) will be running the following Doncaster-based services today:
10:56 AM - 305 from Doncaster SC
11:18 AM - 305 towards Doncaster SC
11:39 AM - 305 from Doncaster SC
12:03 PM - 305 towards Doncaster SC

It also ran the 8:26 AM 295 from The Pines and 9:00 AM 295 from Doncaster SC.

Return to “Discussion - Melbourne / VIC”